Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I make visible restricted categories to "Everyone"?  (Read 4589 times)

rvrsd

• Coppermine newbie
How can I make visible restricted categories to "Everyone"?
« on: February 25, 2010, 03:04:48 pm »

I would like to have everyone to view all categories even the restricted ones.. Once the guest clicks on the restricted one, the guest gets the Registration Form Page.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How can I make visible restricted categories to "Everyone"?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 03:59:12 pm »

That's the default behaviour already, as permissions don't go by category, but by album. What's your actual question? Maybe you should start by doing as suggested per board rules and post a link to your gallery first.

rvrsd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 09:22:52 pm »

The URL is: http://seekafix.com/cpg/

I want all the visitors to be able to view the index.php with all the albums/categories listed.  But once they click on any link to view a certain album/category, then the registration form displays.  If I try to set the album as restricted, the guest wont be able to see it listed at all.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 08:26:01 pm »

If you disallow visitors to see a particular album, then he won't see it - I don't find that very surprising. Why not display the thumbnail for them as well an send them to the registration when trying to actually view an individual image? Take a look at the suggestion in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#viewThumbnailsOnly

rvrsd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:07:05 pm »

Then... is there a way to force all users to register in order to view any category/album on the site?  Or should I make everysingle album restricted to registered guests only?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 07:21:13 am »

is there a way to force all users to register in order to view any category/album on the site?
Yes, the option is called "Allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access" and forces your visitors to register and log in to view the images. Please read the documentation before asking questions.
Or should I make everysingle album restricted to registered guests only?
Once a guest registers he is no longer a guest, but a registered user. Definition aside: no, I don't think that this would be a clever design.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.