Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails not clear after changing the size  (Read 7494 times)

sparklyglitz

• Coppermine newbie
Thumbnails not clear after changing the size
« on: February 25, 2010, 12:13:37 am »

I apologize because I know this topic has been brought up before. I have read just about every threads dealing with this, but I don't understand what I need to do exactly.

This is my gallery:
http://una-healy.com/gallery/index.php

As you can see, the thumbnails are very low-quality and unclear.
I used the admin tools numerous times but they don't seem to work.

But it looks like the thumbnails for photos on this page are the only ones that have been properly changed, which I don't understand why it's like that.

In order to make the rest of the thumbnails clearer, I know I need to do something about the permissions but I don't know what. Please help me

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Thumbnails not clear after changing the size
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:40:11 am »

In order to make the rest of the thumbnails clearer, I know I need to do something about the permissions but I don't know what.
see
Setting permissions
Coppermine needs write access to a number of files and folders on the webserver in order to accomplish the following:
  • when using http uploads, coppermine needs to write the files that are being uploaded into the subfolders that you or your users create in the coppermine albums folder
What are your thumbnail settings in coppermine's config? Attach screenshots of the relevant section of your config page to your posting. We need to see the sharpening section, the "files and thumbnails settings"

sparklyglitz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 01:24:49 am »

Oh okay, umm here you go. Are these what you're talking about?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 02:13:08 am »

Set Enable Unsharp Mask to yes.
Then use Admin tools >> Update thumbs and/or resized photos to rebuild/redo the thumbs.
You might want to make some (small) adjustments to the unsharp settings to get what you are looking for.

sparklyglitz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 03:27:03 am »

Set Enable Unsharp Mask to yes.
Then use Admin tools >> Update thumbs and/or resized photos to rebuild/redo the thumbs.
You might want to make some (small) adjustments to the unsharp settings to get what you are looking for.

Aw but it's not working. I set it to Yes. Then, I went to the Admin Tools and checked the "Update thumbs and/or resized photos" and I also checked the button that says "Only thumbnails (mini and regular)"
It didn't make a difference :(

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:18:00 am »

The script is probably unable to write to the files. For amin tools to do its job it has to re-write the thumbnails. If the file permissions are set so the script cannot write to them it will fail in the way you are experiencing. Using your ftp ap ( we recomend filezilla) go to your albums folder and set the file permissions to 755 or 777. Try with 755 first and if they still do not sharpen use 777. If you have trouble setting these permissions speak to your host.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

sparklyglitz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 08:47:58 pm »

The script is probably unable to write to the files. For amin tools to do its job it has to re-write the thumbnails. If the file permissions are set so the script cannot write to them it will fail in the way you are experiencing. Using your ftp ap ( we recomend filezilla) go to your albums folder and set the file permissions to 755 or 777. Try with 755 first and if they still do not sharpen use 777. If you have trouble setting these permissions speak to your host.

Okay the permission of my albums folder was already 755, so I tried 777
It worked but only for the photos on the last 3 pages of the "last uploads": http://una-healy.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0&page=70 :(

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »

Then check the permissions in the other sub folders of the Albums directory. If you are using filezilla as your ftp app make sure you tick the "recurse into sub-directories" tick box to make sure they also get their permissions changed (other ftp apps will have a similar option but I don't know as I only use winscp and filezilla). If that does not work you will need to speak to your host as we cannot help further with those settings as we don't know how you or your host has set things up.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.