Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do i add another Title in the bar?  (Read 4074 times)

Illegal_Operation

• Coppermine newbie
How do i add another Title in the bar?
« on: February 24, 2010, 04:48:16 pm »

Hi, how do i add in another title in the bar? For example, currently it is only

Home | Login | Album List | Last Uploads | Last Comments , etc

But now i want to place the word FORUM in between and link it to another url, can it be done? For example,

Home | Login | FORUM | Album List | Last Uploads | Last Comments

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How do i add another Title in the bar?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:14:09 pm »

That's not a "title", but a "menu item" and it's subsequently not the "title bar", but the "menu". What you obviously want to accomplish is adding an additional menu item to the menu. To do so, you need to edit your custom theme or use the corresponding setting ("custom link") in coppermine's config. For details, do as suggested per board rules and post a link to your gallery. Additionally, zip your custom theme folder and attach the zip file to your posting.

Illegal_Operation

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 05:30:45 pm »

sorry about it... not familiarise with the terms.

My gallery is www.asiadollies.com

And attached is my theme (hardwired). Please let me know what have been done so that in the future i know what to do.. thanks

I need to create the menu called FORUM and link it to www.asiadollies.com/forum

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 05:45:34 pm »

What's wrong with the custom link feature then that I have refered to already? No need to edit your custom theme at all - just go to coppermine's config screen (http://www.asiadollies.com/admin.php), expand "Themes settings" and enter into the field "Custom menu link name" the value "Forum" (without the quotes) and into the field "Custom menu link URL" the value "http://www.asiadollies.com/forum/" (again without the quotes). Pretty straightforward and self-explaining imo, at least if you read the documentation that I have already refered to in my above posting.

If you insist on editing your custom theme, edit your custom theme's file "theme.php" with a plain text editor (notepad.exe is fine) and find
Code: [Select]
<!-- BEGIN login -->and insert into a new line of it's own before that line your custom link's HTML markup, i.e.
Code: [Select]
<a href="/forum/">Forum</a>
Joachim

P.S. We expect you to have read the documentation already before being allowed to ask questions. You're only allowed to ask questions after having read the board rules, the documentation and after having searched the forum for answers. Your forum isn't even set up (you get redirected to the install screen when accessing the forum URL you posted), which is not a bright idea. I guess that you haven't even made up your mind on bridging (although you really should do that first, see documentation). Being new is OK: take your time and do your reading. But please do your homeworks first before asking questions here that are as basic as yours.

Illegal_Operation

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 05:53:27 pm »

i figure it out myself... add in the Custom menu link name and the Custom menu link URL in the Config page

Thanks a lot.. if i need further assistance, will post it up... thanks a lot Joachim Müller
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.