Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating albums in a category  (Read 3592 times)

dorje

• Coppermine newbie
Creating albums in a category
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:35:50 am »

Hi!

After solving my post-based group permission problem (Thank you very much Joachim!!!), I have another question...

As far as I've read in documentation and in other posts, it is not possible to give to a user group the permission to create albums in a public category. I want to know... Is it possible to hack coppermine to accomplish that (in a simple way, like the suggestion I recieved here)?

The reason is simple: we created a category for every section of our smf board, but we want to give the users the permission to create an album in every category. Using personal galleries will not be "nice", because the pics will be section-related and not user-related...).

Thank you! :)

The gallery is: http://gallery.artistimarziali.org

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Creating albums in a category
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:25:19 pm »

Is it possible to hack coppermine to accomplish that (in a simple way, like the suggestion I recieved here)?
Has been asked many (:o) times over ::). Answer remains the same no matter how often this gets asked :-\: no, it's not possible using cpg1.4.x: no mod, no hack, no trick, no workaround, no secret backdoor existing. The only option to accomplish that would be to use cpg1.5.x. Drawback: that version hasn't been released as stable release and therefore goes unsupported (as in "don't ask questions about it"). You're welcome to give it a try (at your own risk and without support).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 19 queries.