Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too many confirmations  (Read 3160 times)

AntonLargiader

• Coppermine novice
    • My Coppermine Album
Too many confirmations
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:47:20 am »

4.1.26 www.largiader.com/album/
The process of adding an album, uploading pictures, editing titles and reordering seems pretty heavily loaded with confirmation screens or boxes, not all of which really do anything. For instance, if you're just shown a screen that only gives the 'OK' option, what does it really accomplish? Reordering images in an album isn't so important that we need to click again to confirm; if we don't like the order we can reorder them again. In fact, most things can simply be re-done if we don't like the results.

Is there a way to get rid of some of these, especially for tasks that are done over and over? Maybe limit the confirm boxes to hard changes such as deletions? I didn't see an admin option for that.

BTW I found it kind of funny that someone asked for a logout confirm dialog. :) Thanks for not doing that.
My album:  www dot largiader dot com slash album

chzuqi

• Coppermine novice
    • Puzzz Jigsaw World
Re: Too many confirmations
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:43:01 am »

Code: [Select]
<META http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"3;url
"3"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:29:29 am »

@chzuqi: I have no idea what you're trying to tell us here.

@Anton: since an anonymous user doesn't have upload permissions on your gallery you should provide a non-admin test user account to enable us to see how you have configured your upload process (yes, there are several things you can configure there). I agree that some might want more dialogs and some may want less. That's why the upload process has been changed in cpg1.5.x to allow less steps (and subsequently less clicks). It's comparatively easy to skip the last step where users can add a title and description to the uploaded files; I'm pretty sure that instructions for this have been posted already.

AntonLargiader

• Coppermine novice
    • My Coppermine Album
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 03:10:45 pm »

OK, I created a non-admin user called cpg-temp with the pw coppermine.

My normal process is this, assuming I'm adding photos to the album 'Bikes':
1) FTP the pictures to ../bikes
2) Bulk add, select 'bikes' folder, select Bikes album to add them to, add pictures
3) Edit files, select Bikes album, add captions, save
4) Sort my pictures, select Bikes album, save (confirm), press "continue"

Another thing that would be nice is if it would remember that I'm doing all this stuff on the same album. Maybe it could just remember the last upload folder and album used.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 04:19:20 pm »

The Batch-Add process can't be made any shorter. Sorry, that's invalid imo. I thought you were refering to the regular http uploads process. Switch to single file uploads on the groups control panel to get two clicks less for http uploads.

AntonLargiader

• Coppermine novice
    • My Coppermine Album
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 05:03:03 pm »

For the original question -confirmation boxes - I'd still like to know if some of the confirmations can be done away with. Especially for actions that merely rearrange content. Maybe just for admins, maybe in a future revision.

I just posted the procedure I use because you asked. I haven't really tried other ways, though. A nice method would be to batch add new images into the current album from its dedicated directory. That way I don't have to keep selecting that album (and corresponding directory) over and over. Or even batch add all new images into the albums that match the directory. Sounds like something like this is either in a 1.4 mod or in 1.5?

I realize not everyone has a directory for every album, but I have to think it's a pretty common arrangement.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 05:15:19 pm »

maybe in a future revision.
The entire upload process has been changed for cpg1.5.x, so your request is a bit invalid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.