Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Title Fields  (Read 3234 times)

nowordneeded

• Coppermine frequent poster
Album Title Fields
« on: February 22, 2010, 01:33:24 pm »

I know I have to post a link to my gallery, the rules you know, but I have at least about eight different galleries I'd like to ask this question about so I'm not sure which one to post. Sooooooo I'll just take a random one here http://mitchpileggi.samskara.org/gallery as the one I'm currently having not an issue with, but just s little thing that I did try to search for, but nothing came up. So here goes the question, hopefully I'll get reply. So here we go. I have one title for an album that is very long but the album fields stop at just so many characters. Is there a way to increase the number of characters allowable in that field? Which file would I have to edit in order to expand the number of characters allowed?

Thanks to anyone who answers with kindness.

NWN
Sometimes my musings are too confusing for someone not inside my head.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album Title Fields
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 07:22:51 pm »

You'd need to perform edits in many places, as both the database field is limited as well as the form field length. It's beyond the scope of free support to tell you where all the places are and what you'd had to do to perform that, as this would be very time-consuming just to look up. I suggest coming up with a better solution, like using the MiniCMS plugin if you have so much additional text.
The gallery you refered to is outdated, you need to upgrade for security reasons (good thing we made it mandatory to post a link, don't you think? You might not have figured out so soon that you need to upgrade ;)). You're running cpg1.4.25, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.26.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.