Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EXIF library update ?  (Read 3114 times)

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
EXIF library update ?
« on: February 20, 2010, 01:41:25 am »

Can anyone tell me if there's any updates for the exif library?

For some reason a image uploaded to my gallery which was shot with a Canon 50D is showing as Make = NIKON CORPORATION, and Model  Nikon D50.  Any ideas why this could be?

Looking at the image with other exif readers say it's a Canon 50D which is correct.

Link to gallery (image) is here, http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-5936
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Nibbler

Re: EXIF library update ?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 02:33:32 am »

That's the EXIF data from an entirely different picture. Empty the EXIF table using phpMyAdmin to force it to be re-read.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 10:50:12 am »

That's the EXIF data from an entirely different picture. Empty the EXIF table using phpMyAdmin to force it to be re-read.

Thank you, that sorted it nicely.    I'll mark as solved.

I would however like to know why this happened, and is it something I need to worry about?
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 05:03:20 pm »

My guess would be you had a picture in your gallery previously with the same filename.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 12:58:28 am »

Thanks for the reply Nibbler.

Now that I know that, I guess it would pay me to empty the exif table every now and then to make sure all is in order. ;)

Cheers, and thanks for all your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.