Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Done]: Need to seperate {gallery} (Code Changes)  (Read 8384 times)

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
[Done]: Need to seperate {gallery} (Code Changes)
« on: February 06, 2010, 02:33:51 pm »

Hello,
  I am working on a new theme.  I would like to sort my {gallery} horizontally instead of vertically.
So basically I want random,1/lastup,1,/anycontent ... If there's a way of putting those fields in manually in my theme instead of re-writing how {gallery} displays that's fine too.  (maybe even better)  Do separate variables exist for this ?

I'm attaching a mock-up of what I mean.  I don't need anyone to modify the theme, just need someone to make the {gallery} display my options vertically instead of horizontally.

If someone doesn't want to do it, but just point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated too.  

Gallery is at www.demotivationalpics.com.

For the moment I have $40 for this.  However if it's not even close to being enough, please reply and let me know, and tell me what a fair amount to pay for this would be.

I'd like this done by Feb. 13th ...

Thanks everyone, take care !
Jason
DemotivationalPics.com
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:52:04 am by Αndré »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Need to seperate {gallery} (Code Changes)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 04:20:49 pm »

Is this just a landing page or should your whole gallery look like this?

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 06:09:57 pm »

Only the main page of demotivationalpics.com would need this particular layout.  I'd like the displayimage part to be the current layout.  (hmm ..that makes it complicated doesn't it?)   I wouldn't mind having the displayimage in a more horizontal way too, but I just can't imagine what that would involve and how it would look. 

I might be able to figure something out on my own, but I don't even know what file the code that makes {gallery} is.

Thanks André !
(est-ce que tu est Quebecois André?)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 06:49:58 pm »

Only the main page of demotivationalpics.com would need this particular layout.  I'd like the displayimage part to be the current layout.  (hmm ..that makes it complicated doesn't it?)
No. That makes it quite easy. We can design our own landing page, without having to modify something in the core code.

est-ce que tu est Quebecois André?
No. I'm André from Germany and my French is very poor ;)

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 07:34:29 pm »

Just to be clear, the landing page, the home page, the "album list" is all the same thing on demotivationalpics ...  (I don't want to mistake my terms and give wrong information)

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 07:42:16 pm »

hmmm ...   I think I see what you're saying.  Make my own landing page, set the URL of the homepage in coppermine to be that page, and use CPMFetch to get the data I want where I want it ??? 

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 08:46:13 pm »

.. or do I simply replace the index.php with a new webpage with that layout, (all albums are simple text links) and use cpmfetch to get the data I want where I want it ?

Can I simply replace that index.php file ?? (for some reason, I always figured it was an important file.  But I suddenly realize that every other feature of the site has it's own file anyways, thumbnails.php, displayimage.php .... )

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »

Ok, I've almost got this solved.  (Well, maybe not, I think I might be doing all this backwards)

My "plan" is to flat out replace the index.php file. 

I've made a new index.php file, with more or less the layout I want.  I've struggled for a few hours to get CPMFetch installed and working.   (Kudos to VUUD btw, this makes everything much simpler)

What I'm currently struggling with is how to get access to the coppermine variables I want.  Like the {LOGIN_FORM} and {ADMIN_MENU}  ? How do I make coppermine recognize this page as being a coppermine page.   
I'm HOPING that it's just some code to add on top of the page to define or link to other files.  (I'm not great at PHP, and I generally learn as I go. Although I learn fast! )  I've been guessing for a few hours now, copying and pasting some of the php code that is on top of most coppermine pages, but I don't really know what I'm doing and it's not working. 

My test page is currently at www.demotivationalpics.com/index2.php   ... it's not even close to being finished, I'm just playing.  You can see the {LOGIN_FORM} variable on the top right ..

Any advise, or links that will point me in the right direction would be very appreciated !

Thanks,
Jason

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 09:36:21 am »

Embed your code between
Code: [Select]
define('IN_COPPERMINE', true);
require('include/init.inc.php');

pageheader();
and
Code: [Select]
pagefooter();

It's not a good idea to replace the index.php file. Instead, create another file (e.g. welcome.php) and redirect your users to that page.

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 01:58:32 pm »

Thanks so much Andre .....

I'd like to send you a little something for your advise. Can you please contact me ? (digitalmind (AT) techienation dot com)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 09:44:50 pm »

Mail sent (some hours ago) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.