Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image  (Read 4857 times)

NeoGenesis

• Coppermine newbie
Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:09:11 am »

I realise this is probably a common error message, but after running through the docs several times im still none the wiser as to the cause. I have checked the permissions on the galleries and config files and they seem to be in order. The image file uploads perfectly fine (Seen in the folder via ftp) won't add to the gallery because of this error message.

The gallery is currently bridged with a phpBB3 forum.

Here is the debug info it shows. I have created a test account. The site is at www.fairytalefaction.com/gallery.

Username: test
Password: testing

Code: [Select]
USER:
------------------
Array
(
    [ID] => b9396abd086cd356a0d5363bf4406763
    [am] => 1
    [lang] => english_gb
)

==========================
USER DATA:
------------------
Array
(
    [user_id] => 60
    [user_name] => test
    [groups] => Array
        (
            [0] => 2
        )

[disk_max] => 1024
    [disk_min] => 1024
    [can_rate_pictures] => 1
    [can_send_ecards] => 1
    [ufc_max] => 0
    [ufc_min] => 0
    [custom_user_upload] => 0
    [num_file_upload] => 1
    [num_URI_upload] => 0
    [can_post_comments] => 1
    [can_upload_pictures] => 1
    [can_create_albums] => 1
    [has_admin_access] => 0
    [pub_upl_need_approval] => 0
    [priv_upl_need_approval] => 0
    [group_name] => Registered
    [upload_form_config] => 0
    [group_quota] => 1024
    [can_see_all_albums] => 0
    [group_id] => 2
)

Queries:
------------------
Array
(
    [0] => SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM cpg_filetypes; (0s)
    [1] => select * from cpg_plugins order by priority asc; (0s)
    [2] => SELECT * FROM cpg_bridge (0s)
    [3] => SELECT user_id, user_password FROM `fairytal_phpb1`.phpbb_sessions INNER JOIN `fairytal_phpb1`.phpbb_users ON session_user_id = user_id WHERE session_id='23016a6b918a8f7714e2545d2e9c20a4'; (0s)
    [4] => SELECT u.user_id AS id, u.username AS username, u.user_password AS password, u.group_id+100 AS group_id FROM `fairytal_phpb1`.phpbb_users AS u INNER JOIN `fairytal_phpb1`.phpbb_groups AS g ON u.group_id=g.group_id WHERE u.user_id='60' (0s)
    [5] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg_usergroups WHERE group_id in (2) (0s)
    [6] => SELECT group_name FROM  cpg_usergroups WHERE group_id= 2 (0s)
    [7] => SELECT user_favpics FROM cpg_favpics WHERE user_id = 60 (0s)
    [8] => DELETE FROM cpg_banned WHERE expiry < '2010-02-05 00:51:57' (0s)
    [9] => SELECT * FROM cpg_banned WHERE (ip_addr='77.99.234.5' OR ip_addr='77.99.234.5' OR user_id=60) AND brute_force=0 (0s)
    [10] => SELECT aid FROM cpg_albums WHERE visibility != '0' AND visibility !='10060' AND visibility NOT IN (2) (0s)
    [11] => SELECT category FROM cpg_albums WHERE aid='4' and (uploads = 'YES' OR category = '10060') (0s)
)

GET :
------------------
Array
(
)

------------------
Array
(
    [album] => 4
    [MAX_FILE_SIZE] => 1048576
    [title] => test
    [caption] => test
    [keywords] =>
    [event] => picture
)

Page generated in 0.132 seconds - 12 queries in 0 seconds - Album set : ; Meta set: ;
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:39:37 am by Jeff Bailey »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 03:16:58 am »

First things first, please update to CPG1.4.26 which is the current release.

You appear to have some permissions issues. There are certain files I should be able to acces but I get a 403 error.

As you can see from the following link this is a common problem that has been asked many times before.

Seaching for your error message brings up - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=search2;search=%22Unable%20to%20create%20thumbnail%20or%20reduced%20size%20image%22

These results suggest that you either have a permissions problem or you have set your resize method incorrectly. Check your permissions and check in the config to see what image library you are using, Image Magik, GD1 or GD2. Usually GD2 is supported by the majority of hosts.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

NeoGenesis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:15:41 am »

I switched to GD2 and the problem seems to have gone away. I've also updated to the latest version of Coppermine manually since the update.php and version checker believed it to be up to date.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 10:24:09 am »

I switched to GD2 and the problem seems to have gone away. I've also updated to the latest version of Coppermine manually since the update.php and version checker believed it to be up to date.

Manually? I assume by that yo used your hosts installer first time around? If that is the case you have found one of the many reasons why we do not support installs made by those installers in that they oftend select the wrong image library and often screw permissions. As you have now manually upgraded you have done the right thing and replaced their flawed code with code that we can support.

Thanks for resolving your thread. As it is now solved could you press the little tick in the corner of your post to mark the thread. This does help others with similar issues to find answers.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.