Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Home page query  (Read 3195 times)

timpsod

• Coppermine newbie
Home page query
« on: February 03, 2010, 12:56:25 am »

Hi there,

On my site http://www.lornascakes.co.uk/photos/ I want to put a single album onto the home page and not just the last uploads which appear randomly.

I want my images to appear in a particular order yet i cannot seem to accomplish this.

So i suppose my question is How to i put an album on the homepage.

Regards

Dave

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Home page query
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 08:57:13 am »

By homepage do you mean the homepage of your site or on the coppermine driven page?

If you mean the frontpage of the site this is something we call content syndication. Take a look at the excellent cpmfetch which should do what you require.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,87.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Home page query
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:11:49 am »

You appear to have removed catlist and alblist from "the content of the main page" in coppermine's config, which is not a bright thing to do. I can see that you're trying to make things simple, but you have a total of 62 files in your gallery, so I can't see the point in using coppermine in the first place if you think that your gallery will not grow any further. If you think that it will grow you will soon reach a stage where you won't get away with just displaying the most recent uploads on the index.
You have uploaded your images into a personal gallery on user gallery level, that's why it's deeply nested inside the navigation (Home > User galleries > timpsod > Cakes). That's probably the reason why you removed the content of the main page, but you have drawn the false conclusions imo. I suggest restoring catlist and alblist, then to move all your 62 files from the user gallery basement into a better place (an album that needs to be created in the root category).

This is not what you have asked for, but I'm getting the impression that you're trying to find workarounds for workarounds. You're getting lost in hyperspace...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.