Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Few general questions from a first time user.  (Read 3631 times)

realized

• Coppermine newbie
Few general questions from a first time user.
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:32:57 pm »

I have a few general questions about coppermine.

1)   I am looking for a product that can help me organize, manage, and add notes to some 900,000 pictures with room to grow. This application will only be accessible from a small corporate network and only from the LAN – nothing from the outside. At MOST there could be up to 8 people accessing the coppermine website at one time.  Has anybody tested it with this many pictures? Are there speed issues other then directly related to my CPU/RAM?

2)   I currently have a lot of data inside Kodak Easyshare – is there any way to import the album information directly from easyshare into coppermine?

3)   Is there a batch-upload type feature for normal users (so they don’t need to login in ) – remember, I will be using this on a LAN with select employees only having access to it . I see there is a BATCH ADD FILES where I need the files already on the server and I can add it – and this is good. But is there any way for users to be able to add multiple files at once i.e zip or flash type manager that will let them select more then 6 files at a time. (and not one by one but use shift/control  to select them?)

4)   Can I set it to guests (essentially all users in my case except for the admin) can upload files not need them to be approved by an administrator?

Thank you!

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: Few general questions from a first time user.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 04:51:46 am »

Has anybody tested it with this many pictures?
Yes.

Are there speed issues other then directly related to my CPU/RAM?
No.

is there any way to import the album information directly from easyshare into coppermine?
No AFAIK.

Is there a batch-upload type feature for normal users
No.

Can I set it to guests (essentially all users in my case except for the admin) can upload files not need them to be approved by an administrator?
Yes.

If you are wondering why these short replies is because these questions were answered several times already and you have to search the forum before asking. BTW, you didn't respected board rules.

Fabri,

Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 07:12:09 am »

I am looking for a product that can help me organize, manage, and add notes to some 900,000 pictures with room to grow. This application will only be accessible from a small corporate network and only from the LAN – nothing from the outside. At MOST there could be up to 8 people accessing the coppermine website at one time.  Has anybody tested it with this many pictures? Are there speed issues other then directly related to my CPU/RAM?
Yes.
I'm not aware of such a huge install where Coppermine runs out of the box. I'm pretty sure that you will have to optimize Coppermine's queries and remove some resource eaters like random meta albums and constant stats totals. You will definitely need a powerfull dedicated server.
I have no idea how many pics reside on huge installs like gelipo.com, but they are far from out of the box anyway. The correct answer is: there is no limitation built into coppermine itself in the aspect how many images it can handle. But there certainly are several limiting factors in resources consumption as far as web server resources are concerned.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 07:31:26 am »

In fact I based on
At MOST there could be up to 8 people accessing the coppermine website at one time.
to give that answer.

But yes, of course you're right ;)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.