Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album permissions  (Read 4502 times)

cy1138

• Coppermine newbie
Album permissions
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:18:35 am »

Hi everyone,

I did read all files and i did an extensive search but im still stuck...Hopefully, you guys can help me here.

Here is my "problem"

As admin, ive created 2 categories - album1 and album2 -
Album 1 is for myself: I can post pictures and create new albums in that, no problem at all.

Album 2 is for a friend of mine. All his pictures and albums het creates, has to go in the "album 2" categorie.

However, he is not able to post his pictures nor create any albums into the album 2 categorie. He can post and create, but they all go into the user galleries.
Tried everything, i even made a special group for him so maybe then i could alter some permissions there but without succes.

Both categories has to be viewable for all users but only he and I can actually post and create albums into these specific categories.
As we have lots of users, we also want to keep the user galleries open for normal users.

Can you guys help me out here?

Thanx in advance!

Mike

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Album permissions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:29:39 am »

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

cy1138

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:00:21 am »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:37:36 am »

Non-admins can not create albums in admin-created categories, as suggested in the docs and countless threads on this forum. For cpg1.4.x there's no mod, no hack, no workaround available to change that.

What you request will be a feature in the upcoming cpg1.5.x, but that currently goes unsupported, so you're welcome to try at your own risk and currently without support (i.e. you're not allowed to ask qesutions on cpg1.5.x at all).

And yes: it is frustrating for supporters to be asked that question over and over again. That's why
I did read all files and i did an extensive search
looks a bit lame to me. I tend to doubt that, as you haven't even read board rules... ::)

cy1138

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 05:01:54 pm »

Thanx for the info, as I could not find it.
What i did find during my search, was alot of unfriendly replies from you to people who asked for support.

Maybe you do this job to long mate...  8)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 05:23:14 pm »

Maybe you should keep your smartass replies to yourself, "mate".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.