Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: custom picture order  (Read 5036 times)

boii

• Coppermine regular visitor
custom picture order
« on: October 17, 2003, 08:12:31 am »

it would be real swell if you could sort the pictures by custom order. right now (in 1.2) we have the 3 options, title, date, and filename. (by the way can someone tell me which page [theme.php?] this is located in, i want to remove the sorting option, or only leave 2).

to get the exact order im looking for, i have to manipulate file names or upload in specific orders, which sometimes is a pain if i want to switch it up after. itd be nice if you could create a custom order for your pictrues (drag and drop woudl be too intense, so even a system such as the ordering of albums, up/down woudl be nice, or at a minimum, physically numbering them [i have code which does this nicely, even when you add somethign to say slot 4, it takes each slot after and pushes it down one ie: 4 becomes 5, 5 becomes 6 etc. and vice versa if you remove one, if anyone wants to do it] and then you coudl sort by that field).

id be willing to submit the code i have (though its quite simple the initial structure, one column for the #s and then a order by that column) if someone is willing to work on this with me.

anyone have any thoughts?

cheers.
ken
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 06:42:52 am by GauGau »

Zarsky

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Zerr Family Website
custom picture order
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 03:45:19 pm »

I have suggested this as well.  I think I will start badgering the other devs to get this supported soon.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=29

Please submit the code in the mods board, and I will try to get it included or something else coded internally.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

Drinyth

• Coppermine newbie
Re: custom picture order
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 03:36:14 pm »

Bumping thread as I think this is an excellent idea and think it's a feature that I'd like to see implemented in future releases.

I know others have suggested just renaming the files before you upload them.  My problem is if I want do upload more files to an album (say I received pictures from a friend from the same event but at a later date) and I want them to appear chronologically as they happened.  Rather than I have to creatively pick a name where it could sit in the proper location in the album, it'd be nice to just have a custom sorting option defined by the album owner so he/she could move stuff around.  Hope that makes sense?

Nice job so far.  Keep up the great work!

pootle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 12:49:15 am »

Just been thinking about this along with the ability to have a picture appear in mulitple albums which is also in this list.

I suspect that the database model is a bit too simple to do a good implementation of these things.  Ideally I think there needs to be a many - many relationship between picture and album, which actually means using a join table to link them.

The good thing about this is that the join table allows a sequence number to be included, so the SELECT statements can have ORDER BY sequ_no or whatever in them, and the owner of an album can mess around with the sequence in any way they like even if the photo isn't one of theirs.

This type of structure means all sorts of things can be done, like 'clone album' which makes a clone of the album, containing all the photos in the same order as the old one, but then you can mess around with the contents and order of the new album, and even add a few pics from other albums if you want to.

Am I just getting over excited here, or do others see lots of potential in doing this (the pay back on this has to be pretty good I would think, as I suspect it's going to be quite painful to tease open the database schema like this.... ::)

There's a few little problems, like "when does a picture no longer appear in any albums so I can delete it" that need dealing with as well.

amiNuscule

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 06:36:37 am »

Maybe have a look at this hack :
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=14793.0

It's about pics sorting within albums. I hope it helped
Cheers'

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 06:42:39 am »

custom sort order has been implemented in cpg1.4, which is scheduled to be released soon (no ETA known though).

Joachim

amiNuscule

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 02:25:48 am »

Did you inspire from my code ?

Did you keep the file name 'pouaite.php' ?? lol
 ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 09:51:57 am »

Did you inspire from my code ?

Did you keep the file name 'pouaite.php' ?? lol
 ;)
no and no: this has been added long before you even joined the forum here ;)
However, we used another user-contributed hack as a basis for this feature. It has been added to the core code of the devel version on 2004-08-13

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.