Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine Wont load  (Read 4892 times)

luciddreaming

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine Wont load
« on: January 26, 2010, 12:25:46 am »

OK, about 2 weeks ago I could not go to my coppermine page, went into the backend and all was there. So, I wiped it all (30000 pictures) and started over, everything seemed ok, loaded about 10000 pictures, everything was fine.
Checked it several times a day, Everything is ok.... today I tried and it wont even show me a page.....Help   I have been running coppermine for years and never have had anything like this happen.

lucidz.com/pix

Help

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Coppermine Wont load
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:29:55 am »

http://lucidz.com/pix/

I can view your gallery.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 12:30:53 am »

Your link is http://lucidz.com/pix/

Please add the http:// in future to save us the time it takes to work out your link.

You gallery is displaying fine for me. Have you fixed it?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

luciddreaming

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 12:32:24 am »

ok, right after I typed the last message, I went there and It worked,,,, what the heck is going on?

any thoughts?

by the way I love coppermine. ;D

sorry about the http thing.....I did not do anything to it..... what do you think is going on... I dare not put the rest of the pic's up just in case...what do you think?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 12:36:38 am »

Ask your host. It is impossible for us to tell without seeing any error message. If it is failing and is not something local to you then there will be details in the server logs. Give the host the time of your error and that will help track it down.

luciddreaming

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 12:59:26 am »

I will ask the host (godaddy)
thank you for your quick response.

I did look in the back end, funny thing...no issues..hmmm

thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 07:27:38 am »

I will ask the host (godaddy)
OK, about 2 weeks ago I could not go to my coppermine page, went into the backend and all was there.
Make sure that you're not using an auto-installer provided by your webhost. Instead, use the version we provide and install/upgrade the way we describe in our documentation.

sorry about the http thing.....I did not do anything to it
That's something you did when composing your message here on the support board. Not related to your site nor coppermine.

I wiped it all (30000 pictures) and started over, everything seemed ok, loaded about 10000 pictures, everything was fine.
That was silly. Don't do that again. Coppermine is not a desktop app that you uninstall and re-install to make errors go away. Do frequent backups, and stop uninstalling. Under no circumstances should you use the buggy auto-installer - you're just finding out why they are bad and why we don't support them. If you must use them, ask the third party that provides that tool (your webhost) for support instead of us.

luciddreaming

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 06:50:33 pm »

I'm not sure if I made myself clear, and maybe not.. but thank you for your help and suggestions

What I dont understand is you said "That's something you did when composing your message here on the support board. Not related to your site nor coppermine."

what is that all about?

again thanks for you help

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 07:11:32 pm »

He means you miss-typed it. Always check your posts and if you have made a mistake do not hesitate to post a follow up with a correction. We do not allow most users to edit their posts because of abuse in the past but you are allowed to post a correction, we all make mistakes.

What you have to understand is that we have very limited time doing support requests (as this is a hobby done in our spare time, not a job that we are paid for). If you make life hard for us and the rest of the community by not making your link clickable (and preferably testing it after you post) then we will get frustrated as we have to spend time working it out. On days where many users make things hard for us we can waste a lot of time.

luciddreaming

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 10:25:57 pm »

:) got it, thank you for your time I do thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.