Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Embed Mp4/flv to stream from external site  (Read 7413 times)

suria

• Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: Embed Mp4/flv to stream from external site
« on: January 24, 2010, 03:16:29 am »

Hi there,
thanks for the wonderful script, i really need some help with this..
My server holsters won't allow streaming and i want to stream video from other server. I have lots of mp4 & flv files which i have download from youtube.  
Could anyone please post the embeded player to stream .mp4 & .flv files from third party direct link in coppermine.

thank you in advance
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 05:00:46 pm by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Embed Mp4/flv to stream from external site
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:34:59 pm »

You can stream them directly from Youtube. Search the board for one of the Youtube mods.

suria

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 04:36:10 pm »

thanks for responding Nibbler, i already have Remote Videos Plugin for that, I want to watermark my site and also stream my own videos from my other server.. that is why need the script.. its all in flv/mp4 format with watermark in high quality and less size..

kindly help me.. i hv found out the script to embed .wmv & avi with .asx files but for flv& mp4 i really need some help.. i was looking everywhere..

thanks again

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 08:52:17 pm »

Searching for .flv brings up quite a few results. I use Enlargeit which already has .flv support built in.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 10:33:55 pm »

Watermarking videofiles is not an option and can not be an option unless you re-encode them. Re-encoding can only be accomplished by using additional libraries like ffmpeg on the server, which is something you probably don't have. If you have that available, you could use the ffmpeg mod, but I doubt that. Better (and probably easier) will be to re-encode your videos on your client before uploading them in the first place.
Coppermine out of the box doesn't support remote storage, so you need to use the existing mods. You can't request new features.

Joachim

P.S. Displaying your watermark on someone else's videos is ethically of course not an option in the first place.

suria

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 08:13:16 am »

Hi joachim.

thanks for that but i looked in that plugin linked sites there are no exmple of an embeding external file/url..
when i change the file path to url it doesn't work.. please correct me if i am wrong..or kindly show me a sample script to stream flv/mp4 from other server...with enlarge it or without

filename - video.flv

<object width='400' height='340' id='flvPlayer'>
 <param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'>
 <param name='movie' value='player.swf?movie=http://siteurl.com/video.flv&fgcolor=0x0b7ba4&bgcolor=0x333333&autoload=on&autorewind=on&volume=70'>
 <embed src='player.swf?movie=http://siteurl.com/video.flv&fgcolor=0x0b7ba4&bgcolor=0x333333&autoload=on&autorewind=on&volume=70' width='400' height='340' allowFullScreen='true' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'>
</object>

thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 08:19:58 am »

Coppermine out of the box doesn't support remote storage, so you need to use the existing mods. You can't request new features.
and
You can stream them directly from Youtube. Search the board for one of the Youtube mods.
There's nothing else I could say.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 09:27:11 am »

thanks for that but i looked in that plugin linked sites there are no exmple of an embeding external file/url..
when i change the file path to url it doesn't work.. please correct me if i am wrong..or kindly show me a sample script to stream flv/mp4 from other server...with enlarge it or without

From the EnlargeIt thread.

* support for playback of YouTube movies (needs additional modification, see file youtube_support_mod.txt for detailled instructions)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

suria

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 04:33:59 pm »

if there is a way to stream wmv/avi files remotely through .asx file then there must be a script/way to stream flv/mp4 files from other server too...
i dont know why you guys don't want to share anything..

anyway, thanks for your responds and time and wonderful script

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 05:00:03 pm »

if there is a way to stream wmv/avi files remotely through .asx file then there must be a script/way to stream flv/mp4 files from other server too...
Yes, really. There must be one? Says who?

i dont know why you guys don't want to share anything..
It's not that we don't want to share. It's more that we already do share what we have. Subsequently: if it's not there, we don't have it. You better review your attitude. Accusing people of something is not the best method to get continued support. Not doing as suggested per board rules is not nice. Misbehaving (like you did) by saying that we had something, but are not ready to share it is outrageous. If you continue to misbehave you'll be banned.

Marking thread accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.