Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Ftp Files Deleted  (Read 3131 times)

netjockey

• Coppermine newbie
Help Ftp Files Deleted
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:33:58 pm »

i have Bridged coppermine with mybb at Desktophelp.in

desktophelp.in/forums (mybb forums)
desktophelp.in/gallery (coppermine installed here)

my collegue deleted all the ftp file , the database was intact so easily I restore the both the coppermine and mybb , both are working properly

the Problem:
The Problem is that thumbnail images are not shown after the restoring , can you tell me how can i solve this problem 
you can see for yourself here http://desktophelp.in/gallery/ please help me

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Help Ftp Files Deleted
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 03:19:31 pm »

You can try - login >> Admin Tools >> Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Help Ftp Files Deleted
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 03:42:48 pm »

That alone (using admin tools to rebuild your thumbnails from your originals) will not be possible: when deleting the entire coppermine folder, your fellow admin not only deleted coppermine's core files, but all images that resided in coppermine's database. Coppermine doesn't store the images uploaded within the database, but stores them on file system level. Only a relative path information and the file name is being stored in the database. The rest remains on file system level. That's why your remark
so easily I restore the both the coppermine and mybb , both are working properly
is not fully correct: the apps are working, but the content is gone: not only the thumbnails, but the intermediate sized images and the full-sized originals are gone as well. Restore the files from a file backup. If you have none, your files are lost and you will have to start over. This illustrates the importance of frequent backups and also serves as a nice example that you really need to be carefull who gets admin access on application level or file level (i.e. using FTP).

Not related to initial install, moving accordingly. In the future, please post actual URLs that are clickable (like http://desktophelp.in/gallery/). Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.