Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Can not change language  (Read 10613 times)

Nakis

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: Can not change language
« on: January 18, 2010, 08:59:06 am »

I have finished translating and I started testing it installing v1.5.2 with using the new language file.
It worked fine during installation but when it finished and I tried to change the default language to Greek, I got an error indicating that I cannot change the default language.
Also, I cannot find the options to have the language selector enabled in order to choose another language.

How am I supposed to test the translation if I cannot change the language?
Is there a workaround for this or am I missing something here?

Also, I would like some clarifications please:

Line 306
Code: [Select]
$lang_rate_pic['rollover_to_rate'] = 'Rollover to rate this picture'; // cpg1.5
What exactly does the user rolls over (image, text link)?

Line 500
$lang_bridgemgr_php['[b]relative[/b]_path_of_forum_from_webroot'] = '[b]Absolute[/b] bridging app path';Is this relative or absolute?

Lines 825, 826
$lang_admin_php['default_file_mode'] = 'Default mode for files'; // cpg1.5What kind of mode?

Line 839
$lang_admin_php['global_registration_pw'] = 'Global password for registration'; // cpg1.5What does this mean? Is there any documentation about it so that I can understand what exactly is does?

Thanks,
Nakis
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:06:02 pm by Joachim Müller »

Nakis

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
Re: Can not change language
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:13:05 pm »

...anyone?

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 01:27:29 pm »

I got an error indicating that I cannot change the default language.

Post the exact error message.

Also, I cannot find the options to have the language selector enabled in order to choose another language.

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_template.htm#theme_template_language_select_list

Line 306
$lang_rate_pic['rollover_to_rate'] = 'Rollover to rate this picture'; // cpg1.5
What exactly does the user rolls over (image, text link)?

Images (of stars).

Line 500
$lang_bridgemgr_php['[b]relative[/b]_path_of_forum_from_webroot'] = '[b]Absolute[/b] bridging app path';Is this relative or absolute?

Relative.

Lines 825, 826
$lang_admin_php['default_file_mode'] = 'Default mode for files'; // cpg1.5What kind of mode?

Unix file permissions - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system_permissions#Octal_notation

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 09:44:50 pm »

There is a reason why we provide a documentation that has been very much improved (compared to the docs for cpg1.4.x): Documentation for cpg1.5.x → Administration → Configuration → Picture and thumbnail settings → Default mode for files

$lang_admin_php['global_registration_pw'] = 'Global password for registration'; // cpg1.5What does this mean? Is there any documentation about it so that I can understand what exactly is does?
Documentation for cpg1.5.x → Administration → Configuration → Registration → Set global password for registration

There is no support for cpg1.5.x yet. We have a strict "one issue per thread". I understand that you want to figure out details to be able to translate, but please take a look at the docs first.

Nakis

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:23:44 pm »

Thank you both for your answers.

I will stick to the language issue here...

The error I got (more like a warning as I see it now) is this:

Setting the default language doesn't work as expected yet. This file is still work in progress.
Joachim

After a more careful look, it happens only when I change the language to English (both US and UK).
(I am not sure if this was the case since the beginning. I will make a fresh, online, installation and I will let you know.)

Normally I wouldn't pay attention to this, but the language file that I created really doesn't work, at all.
I have installed it properly, I get it in the list of available languages, I enabled it, I am able to select it and set it as default, but it just doesn't work.
I click on every link in the admin menu but everything is in English. I don't know if I'm missing something here...
(Note that it worked fine during the installation and that I haven't added any content)

As for the language selection option that I mentioned in my first post, previously it was located among the Language & Charset settings. Now it's not there and I looked to find it but I was able to do so.
Has it been relocated or id I get blind? :)

Thanks again,
Nakis

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 11:48:26 pm »

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Nakis

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 03:45:44 pm »

Clearing the cookies did the trick.
Thank you all for your replies.
GauGau thanks for your replies, you must be a very patient man ;)

I have already started checking the translation and I hope that I will soon come up with the final version...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Invalid]: Can not change language
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 05:08:50 pm »

This thread was originally posted on the cpg1.5.x testing/bugs board. As it turned out not to be a bug, but an issue on the side of the end user I'm moving it to the support board. Please note that there is still no support so far - this thread was only moved there for the benefit of users with similar issues. Marking accordingly and locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.