Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Can not change language  (Read 10570 times)

Nakis

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: Can not change language
« on: January 18, 2010, 08:59:06 am »

I have finished translating and I started testing it installing v1.5.2 with using the new language file.
It worked fine during installation but when it finished and I tried to change the default language to Greek, I got an error indicating that I cannot change the default language.
Also, I cannot find the options to have the language selector enabled in order to choose another language.

How am I supposed to test the translation if I cannot change the language?
Is there a workaround for this or am I missing something here?

Also, I would like some clarifications please:

Line 306
Code: [Select]
$lang_rate_pic['rollover_to_rate'] = 'Rollover to rate this picture'; // cpg1.5
What exactly does the user rolls over (image, text link)?

Line 500
$lang_bridgemgr_php['[b]relative[/b]_path_of_forum_from_webroot'] = '[b]Absolute[/b] bridging app path';Is this relative or absolute?

Lines 825, 826
$lang_admin_php['default_file_mode'] = 'Default mode for files'; // cpg1.5What kind of mode?

Line 839
$lang_admin_php['global_registration_pw'] = 'Global password for registration'; // cpg1.5What does this mean? Is there any documentation about it so that I can understand what exactly is does?

Thanks,
Nakis
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:06:02 pm by Joachim Müller »

Nakis

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
Re: Can not change language
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:13:05 pm »

...anyone?

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 01:27:29 pm »

I got an error indicating that I cannot change the default language.

Post the exact error message.

Also, I cannot find the options to have the language selector enabled in order to choose another language.

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_template.htm#theme_template_language_select_list

Line 306
$lang_rate_pic['rollover_to_rate'] = 'Rollover to rate this picture'; // cpg1.5
What exactly does the user rolls over (image, text link)?

Images (of stars).

Line 500
$lang_bridgemgr_php['[b]relative[/b]_path_of_forum_from_webroot'] = '[b]Absolute[/b] bridging app path';Is this relative or absolute?

Relative.

Lines 825, 826
$lang_admin_php['default_file_mode'] = 'Default mode for files'; // cpg1.5What kind of mode?

Unix file permissions - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system_permissions#Octal_notation

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 09:44:50 pm »

There is a reason why we provide a documentation that has been very much improved (compared to the docs for cpg1.4.x): Documentation for cpg1.5.x → Administration → Configuration → Picture and thumbnail settings → Default mode for files

$lang_admin_php['global_registration_pw'] = 'Global password for registration'; // cpg1.5What does this mean? Is there any documentation about it so that I can understand what exactly is does?
Documentation for cpg1.5.x → Administration → Configuration → Registration → Set global password for registration

There is no support for cpg1.5.x yet. We have a strict "one issue per thread". I understand that you want to figure out details to be able to translate, but please take a look at the docs first.

Nakis

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:23:44 pm »

Thank you both for your answers.

I will stick to the language issue here...

The error I got (more like a warning as I see it now) is this:

Setting the default language doesn't work as expected yet. This file is still work in progress.
Joachim

After a more careful look, it happens only when I change the language to English (both US and UK).
(I am not sure if this was the case since the beginning. I will make a fresh, online, installation and I will let you know.)

Normally I wouldn't pay attention to this, but the language file that I created really doesn't work, at all.
I have installed it properly, I get it in the list of available languages, I enabled it, I am able to select it and set it as default, but it just doesn't work.
I click on every link in the admin menu but everything is in English. I don't know if I'm missing something here...
(Note that it worked fine during the installation and that I haven't added any content)

As for the language selection option that I mentioned in my first post, previously it was located among the Language & Charset settings. Now it's not there and I looked to find it but I was able to do so.
Has it been relocated or id I get blind? :)

Thanks again,
Nakis

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 11:48:26 pm »

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Nakis

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 03:45:44 pm »

Clearing the cookies did the trick.
Thank you all for your replies.
GauGau thanks for your replies, you must be a very patient man ;)

I have already started checking the translation and I hope that I will soon come up with the final version...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Invalid]: Can not change language
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 05:08:50 pm »

This thread was originally posted on the cpg1.5.x testing/bugs board. As it turned out not to be a bug, but an issue on the side of the end user I'm moving it to the support board. Please note that there is still no support so far - this thread was only moved there for the benefit of users with similar issues. Marking accordingly and locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.