Support > cpg1.5 language

[Invalid]: Can not change language

(1/2) > >>

Nakis:
I have finished translating and I started testing it installing v1.5.2 with using the new language file.
It worked fine during installation but when it finished and I tried to change the default language to Greek, I got an error indicating that I cannot change the default language.
Also, I cannot find the options to have the language selector enabled in order to choose another language.

How am I supposed to test the translation if I cannot change the language?
Is there a workaround for this or am I missing something here?

Also, I would like some clarifications please:

Line 306

--- Code: ---$lang_rate_pic['rollover_to_rate'] = 'Rollover to rate this picture'; // cpg1.5

--- End code ---
What exactly does the user rolls over (image, text link)?

Line 500

--- Code: ---$lang_bridgemgr_php['[b]relative[/b]_path_of_forum_from_webroot'] = '[b]Absolute[/b] bridging app path';
--- End code ---
Is this relative or absolute?

Lines 825, 826

--- Code: ---$lang_admin_php['default_file_mode'] = 'Default mode for files'; // cpg1.5
--- End code ---
What kind of mode?

Line 839

--- Code: ---$lang_admin_php['global_registration_pw'] = 'Global password for registration'; // cpg1.5
--- End code ---
What does this mean? Is there any documentation about it so that I can understand what exactly is does?

Thanks,
Nakis

Nakis:
...anyone?

Nibbler:

--- Quote from: Nakis on January 18, 2010, 08:59:06 am ---I got an error indicating that I cannot change the default language.

--- End quote ---

Post the exact error message.

--- Quote from: Nakis on January 18, 2010, 08:59:06 am ---Also, I cannot find the options to have the language selector enabled in order to choose another language.

--- End quote ---

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_template.htm#theme_template_language_select_list

--- Quote from: Nakis on January 18, 2010, 08:59:06 am ---Line 306

--- Code: ---$lang_rate_pic['rollover_to_rate'] = 'Rollover to rate this picture'; // cpg1.5

--- End code ---
What exactly does the user rolls over (image, text link)?

--- End quote ---

Images (of stars).

--- Quote from: Nakis on January 18, 2010, 08:59:06 am ---Line 500

--- Code: ---$lang_bridgemgr_php['[b]relative[/b]_path_of_forum_from_webroot'] = '[b]Absolute[/b] bridging app path';
--- End code ---
Is this relative or absolute?

--- End quote ---

Relative.

--- Quote from: Nakis on January 18, 2010, 08:59:06 am ---Lines 825, 826

--- Code: ---$lang_admin_php['default_file_mode'] = 'Default mode for files'; // cpg1.5
--- End code ---
What kind of mode?

--- End quote ---

Unix file permissions - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system_permissions#Octal_notation

Joachim Müller:

--- Quote from: Nakis on January 18, 2010, 08:59:06 am ---
--- End code ---
What kind of mode?
--- End quote ---
There is a reason why we provide a documentation that has been very much improved (compared to the docs for cpg1.4.x): Documentation for cpg1.5.x → Administration → Configuration → Picture and thumbnail settings → Default mode for files

--- Quote from: Nakis on January 18, 2010, 08:59:06 am ---
--- Code: ---$lang_admin_php['global_registration_pw'] = 'Global password for registration'; // cpg1.5
--- End code ---
What does this mean? Is there any documentation about it so that I can understand what exactly is does?
--- End quote ---
Documentation for cpg1.5.x → Administration → Configuration → Registration → Set global password for registration

There is no support for cpg1.5.x yet. We have a strict "one issue per thread". I understand that you want to figure out details to be able to translate, but please take a look at the docs first.

Nakis:
Thank you both for your answers.

I will stick to the language issue here...

The error I got (more like a warning as I see it now) is this:

--- Quote ---Setting the default language doesn't work as expected yet. This file is still work in progress.
Joachim
--- End quote ---

After a more careful look, it happens only when I change the language to English (both US and UK).
(I am not sure if this was the case since the beginning. I will make a fresh, online, installation and I will let you know.)

Normally I wouldn't pay attention to this, but the language file that I created really doesn't work, at all.
I have installed it properly, I get it in the list of available languages, I enabled it, I am able to select it and set it as default, but it just doesn't work.
I click on every link in the admin menu but everything is in English. I don't know if I'm missing something here...
(Note that it worked fine during the installation and that I haven't added any content)

As for the language selection option that I mentioned in my first post, previously it was located among the Language & Charset settings. Now it's not there and I looked to find it but I was able to do so.
Has it been relocated or id I get blind? :)

Thanks again,
Nakis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version