Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error warning probably related to permisions in Win XP, please help  (Read 2233 times)

cftranslate

• Coppermine newbie

I just installed CPG  on my local computer with Windows XP for testing. Since I did not change permissions (not sure if I needed to, locally) I guess this is a permission warning that I got:

Now, changing permissions in XP is not as easy as it should be. I had the same problem when I began ASP programming some months ago and tried to just put an access database in a folder for writing.

The problem is I right-click on folder (album and include), I uncheck read-only  box, a dialog box appears to make permission changes  applicable to subdirectories, I check that option. I exit permissions, uploads cause above errors  and when I go back to permissions read-only box is  back to "checked".

Can anybody tell me if the error message has to do with permissions and how to make a folder writable FOR GOOD...?

Thanks

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

It looks like you have installed version 1.3beta, which is still in testing stage, so no support.
The download is somewhat out of date, and is meant for experienced users only.

Your problem is well documented, see the 1.3 testing/bugs board, particularly the sticky about 'edit/upload'.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.