Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: I'm sure this will get deleted  (Read 5172 times)

meighty

• Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: I'm sure this will get deleted
« on: January 15, 2010, 11:23:25 pm »

I'm sure this will get deleted and I will get banned but whatever...

1. I can't seem to start a new thread in ANY board. Even the where my specific question belongs. Yes, I did search and maybe I'm just retarded and can't find the button...who knows. If the button is there and I'm missing it, MAKE IT BIGGER!

2. Some of the mod here seem to have a holier-than-thou attitude (Joachim Müller) which is very off putting

3. I enjoy coppermine and a lot of its features and I say great job to the devs, but whats the point if I can't get past the first step to ask a legit question?

I'm not new the internet. Nor am I knew to forums or web dev. Not that it really matters much but I will be removing coppermine from my site ASAP.

Just for the record, I did post this in the wrong topic and I also created a second account!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:19:13 pm by Joachim Müller »

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: I'm sure this will get deleted
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:33:40 pm »

so what is your question?
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:54:14 pm »

1. I can't seem to start a new thread in ANY board. Even the where my specific question belongs. Yes, I did search and maybe I'm just retarded and can't find the button...who knows. If the button is there and I'm missing it, MAKE IT BIGGER!

Many thousands of people have managed on this site so far. In fact I would go on to say that probably millions of people have successfully registered on various SMF based forums using this template. Why should we change that for one impolite individual?

2. Some of the mod here seem to have a holier-than-thou attitude (Joachim Müller) which is very off putting

We never delete threads unless they are spam. We also do not tolerate verbal attacks on individuals. Should you continue to spurt "Complete loose-stool-water. Arse-gravy of the very worst kind" then you will get banned, that is your choice.

3. I enjoy coppermine and a lot of its features and I say great job to the devs, but whats the point if I can't get past the first step to ask a legit question?

I'm not new the internet. Nor am I knew to forums or web dev.

If you are not new to forums then why do you struggle so?

Not that it really matters much but I will be removing coppermine from my site ASAP.
Just for the record, I did post this in the wrong topic and I also created a second account!

Adam, sounds like you are wasting you time. Feel free, it is your time and effort. One day when your time is nigh you will think back on all the time you wasted instead of doing something constructive.

You other account details for anyone reading this - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=profile;u=71468

*edit - For some reason Jeff split this from another useless thread, just to keep it in context here is the link.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,62901.0/topicseen.html
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 12:02:28 am by Phill Luckhurst »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 11:18:51 pm »

Your nice posting doesn't get deleted. It remains here to shine back on your nice attitude. Just marking as what it is: invalid.

You can't start new threads on the old support boards for cpg1.0 to cpg1.3.x, as support for those versions has been dropped long time ago and the existing old boards remain just for reference. You can't start new threads on the mods boards, as those boards are for actual mods and not just for mod reqquests. However, you can start new threads on the cpg1.4.x support boards, because that's the only thing we want you to post: we grant all users the privilege to ask support questions related to the actual supported version cpg1.4.x. We don't want you to start threads on all the other boards for the reasons I posted. To clarify this, we have even added an explanation text to each board.

Not that it really matters much but I will be removing coppermine from my site ASAP.
OK, fine. Go ahead, we couldn't care less. Bye.

muncyweb

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Invalid]: I'm sure this will get deleted
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 08:13:51 pm »

Verbal attacks aside, what preventative measure is in place to keep Coppermine forum administrators from being overly abusive and perhaps unforgiving to the users of the forum who may not realize that it is being so heavily policed?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: [Invalid]: I'm sure this will get deleted
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 08:55:26 pm »

Cliff? I'm guessing that from your email addy.

Please do not hijack others threads. That is why I am locking this one.

To answer you question, no-one. We try to be polite at all times and never resort to bad language. I agree that sometimes we may be a little over-reactive. You would not believe how much trouble, private emails etc we get. As well as that we get tons of spam which we also have to deal with. Time is short. We do this in our spare time for free. We are a small team. As such a lot of replies are often in the form of a simple lik to the board rules. It is really quite frustrating to have to point to the rules. Quite often we have no chance of helping without actually seeing the problem despite what some users may think. Many users get quite stroppy when we ask them to do these simple things. We are actually trying to help them but for some reason they do not see it that way and some of those get abusive. At that point we usually ban them. We don't want to get into slagging matches so banning is the only option.

I am aware that we are well known to be harsh. But for those that are willing to put the effort in we will always help. If you play the game, we will.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.