Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inline frame: link to original (copyright) site possible?  (Read 3601 times)

• Coppermine newbie

I'm testing some ways to "implement" the gallery in a website, trying to use my own header and nav.bar. Seems to work good, but one rather big problem spoiles it: When clicking on a link on the page shown in the frame gives a result I guess no one wants: The page appears with my header covering the top of the page the link leads to.

I'm pretty sure that no developer (like you guys with this beauty, Coppermine) is happy with a solution like that. And I believe it will stop any kind of goodwill and support as well......

Is the use of inline frame impossible, or are ther any way to "fix" it so that this kind of links goes where they are supposed to go?

I know you tell to post a link, but don't think it will help very much at the moment. Homepage down most of the time due to testing. However I hope this question is kind of general and possible to answer for people that know how things are working. (?)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Inline frame: link to original (copyright) site possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:08:02 pm »

I know you tell to post a link, but don't think it will help very much at the moment. Homepage down most of the time due to testing.
Posting the link is mandatory and not something that we're ready to argue about.

However I hope this question is kind of general and possible to answer for people that know how things are working. (?)
Generic answer to a generic question: frames suck, don't use them. Create a custom theme instead that matches the overall site's layout. The question
When clicking on a link on the page shown in the frame gives a result I guess no one wants: The page appears with my header covering the top of the page the link leads to.
is as old as the frame technology, and the answer hasn't changed in the past ten years: don't use frames.

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 03:35:18 pm »

Link will be provided next time, then the page will be up and running.

Thank you. Your generic answer is good enough for me as I believe you give advice and help that is proffesional to the end. My question came because a lot of wysiwyg's and "easy set up" talks warmly about that solution. And a person like me, almost totaly without knowledge of any kind of programming and coding (and far past the age where learning comes easy  ::) ) sometimes look at the easy way. On the other hand, applications like your gallery - and all work making that possible - really helps when one is going out to learn some basic stuff.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 09:01:17 pm »

There are many threads showing you how to do it. Here is one I did a long time ago - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,45021.0.html

A little out of date but might give you some ideas. If you have any problems building your theme start a thread in the theming section and post a link.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.