Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After changing theme, getting "Failed to find block 'documentation'" error  (Read 3562 times)

creativename

• Coppermine newbie

I have 1.4.21, and I was just checking the different themes for the first time (I'd never changed from classic before). But after changing to (I believe) Styleguide, if I hit Continue I started getting a page that showed the error message:
Code: [Select]
Template error
Failed to find block 'documentation'(#(<!-- BEGIN documentation -->)(.*?)(<!-- END documentation -->)#s) in :

<div align="left">
                <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
                        <tr>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="editpics.php?mode=upload_approval" title="">{UPL_APP_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="config.php" title="">{CONFIG_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="albmgr.php{CATL}" title="">{ALBUMS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="catmgr.php" title="">{CATEGORIES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="usermgr.php" title="">{USERS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="groupmgr.php" title="">{GROUPS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="banning.php" title="">{BAN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="db_ecard.php" title="">{DB_ECARD_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="reviewcom.php" title="">{COMMENTS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="searchnew.php" title="">{SEARCHNEW_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="util.php" title="">{UTIL_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></td>
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </div>
I found this earlier thread, but my themes.inc.php already has the braces mentioned. I tried hitting the back button and changing the theme back to Classic, but I'd just get the same error message. Likewise when trying to Restore factory defaults. Viewing images would give the above error, and the homepage and album pages would look like this:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8564/18894609.gif

I ended up changing the cpg_congif 'theme' option to 'classic', and that seems to have worked - I don't know if there are any other steps involved in changing the theme that I would also need to do to prevent further errors.

What is this issue? And is there any way to change the theme while this issue is occurring other than via MySQL?

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

You broke nearly every board rule that exists. If you want support in the future, read board rules up and do as suggested there.

Marking your double posting accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.