Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Newsletter Plugin  (Read 7676 times)

Vinicius Machado

• Coppermine novice
Re: Newsletter Plugin
« on: January 06, 2010, 11:20:40 pm »

Hi, my english is not so good. So I will try to make my self as clear as possible.

I've installed the Newsletter plugin, and for a reason that I don't remember I uninstalled it. Now I can't install it anymore. Even uploading the files to the plugins folder I can't see the newsletter plugin at pluginmgr.php. What did I do wrong? How can I install it again?

Thanks a lot,

Vinicius Machado

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Vinicius Machado

• Coppermine novice

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 05:12:11 pm »

The newsletter plugin is not there on your server (see attached screenshot), i.e. you haven't uploaded it to your webserver. Upload it exactly as suggested per docs. What you have done is uploading the zip file to the server - that's of course silly and not what you're supposed to do. Instead, you're supposed to unzip the archive on your client and then upload then unzipped folder (using your favorite FTP app) to your plugins folder on your webserver. We can't teach you basics like using your FTP app. Please read the docs in the future before asking trivial questions. Your question is not related to this particular plugin, but just basic skills for someone who runs a website of his own.
You have uploaded all sorts of crap to your webserver instead... ::)

Vinicius Machado

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 05:40:38 pm »

The newsletter plugin is not there on your server (see attached screenshot), i.e. you haven't uploaded it to your webserver.

As I told on my first post. I do have uploaded the plugin. And also was workin very well. But after had uninstalled it (see my first post) when I tried to install it again it didant work. Cause I can't see on pluginmgr.php. A new fact, is that when I change the folder name of the plugin (i.e. newsletter2) it appears to me but I can't install.

Upload it exactly as suggested per docs. What you have done is uploading the zip file to the server - that's of course silly and not what you're supposed to do. Instead, you're supposed to unzip the archive on your client and then upload then unzipped folder (using your favorite FTP app) to your plugins folder on your webserver.

I read this topic and also followed all the instructions. As I already told, I had already installed it... For make it clear for you, I upload all my files ziped, cause when they get there my host unzipes all the files autmaticaly. You did'nt see the folder 'cause I had deleted it trying to reinstall all over again.

We can't teach you basics like using your FTP app. Please read the docs in the future before asking trivial questions. Your question is not related to this particular plugin, but just basic skills for someone who runs a website of his own.

You don't need so. Just help me qith the plugin, cause all basic stuffs I can figure out how they work.

You have uploaded all sorts of crap to your webserver instead... ::)

THAT is not related to this particular thread...

Sorry again about my english

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 07:44:55 pm »

...and I'm out of this thread as far as you are concerned, as I'm not ready to be lectured by you - nobody said that you could rename a plugin folder. Nobody said that you should upload by zip. Your record of uninstalls and re-installs and silly attempts to do things in the way you imagine they work (instead of just following the docs) are irrelevant. My mentioning of your garbage folders that you have uploaded to the plugin folder is relevant, as the plugin manager might be choking on the crap you uploaded when it's looping through all folders within your plugins folder. Your webhost is not involved in unpacking zip archives on your server - I'm pretty sure of that as well - it's the plugin manager that attempts to unzip, but that feature might break (as suggested in the docs, that's why I even re-posted plugin install instructions in my previous posting for you). The link to your gallery that you posted above is broken, so you don't even know how to copy'n paste properly. I'm not ready to waste my time for someone like you. Instead, I'm posting the final warning for you here: stop behaving like a moron or you'll get banned. Arguing with supporters is a dead-sure method to get banned. Given your notorious record of misbehaviour you're not allowed the slightest misbehaviour. And stop whining about your language skills - they're just a poor excuse.

Vinicius Machado

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 08:10:13 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nobody said that you could rename a plugin folder. Nobody said that you should upload by zip. Your record of uninstalls and re-installs and silly attempts to do things in the way you imagine they work

I have never said that you told that I could rename the plugin folder. I just did that to see if the plugin manager could recognize it, and it worked, it recognized but I couldn't install, maybe must have rested something on the uninstallation.

(instead of just following the docs) are irrelevant.

If I tried to to thisngs in the way I imagine they work was because I have already followed all the docs and nothing happened. Also I have tried to lear  alittle with you but you are not being that easy...

Your webhost is not involved in unpacking zip archives on your server - I'm pretty sure of that as well - it's the plugin manager that attempts to unzip, but that feature might break (as suggested in the docs, that's why I even re-posted plugin install instructions in my previous posting for you).

Maybe its not my host as I said, 'cause I wasn't so clear. I use CPANEL to manage my files at the host and the CPANEL indeed unzip the files... I don't use the plugin manager, I upload the files directly to the plugin folder. And after that I delete the zip file. So you saw a little bit gap between this 2 actions.

The link to your gallery that you posted above is broken, so you don't even know how to copy'n paste properly.

Ok, maybe I don't even know at all. Or maybe I committed a mistake like any other human being

I'm not ready to waste my time for someone like you. Instead, I'm posting the final warning for you here: stop behaving like a moron or you'll get banned. Arguing with supporters is a dead-sure method to get banned. Given your notorious record of misbehaviour you're not allowed the slightest misbehaviour.

I am not arguing with you. I am just deffendig myself. I have never desrespected you at all. You were the one who used offensive words (i.e. moron, silly etc) I am just trying to solve my issue without offending anyone. I don't wanna get banned I just wanna be treated with respect and get my issue solved. That's it

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 12:10:24 am »

As this is turning into a long and separate  issue I have split from the original announcement thread.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,40304.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 08:06:18 am »

Not as far as I'm concerned - I'm out of this thread; I will not support this guy any longer.

Vinicius Machado

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 11:30:13 am »

Ok, could anybody else help me with this issue? I really, really don't wanna give up this Gallery neither this Mod, but I need some help like the most users do.

Thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.