Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Is there a solution for redirecting  (Read 4116 times)

ct1

• Coppermine newbie
    • Texas Hot Boats
[Invalid]: Is there a solution for redirecting
« on: January 08, 2010, 05:19:10 am »

http://www.texashotboats.com/gallery/

Is there a solution for redirecting back to gallery when bridging smf 2.0 rc1 yet by chance?  It still redirects to the forum.

Thank You

ct1
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 07:34:41 am by Joachim Müller »
ct1

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

ct1

• Coppermine newbie
    • Texas Hot Boats
Re: Is there a solution for redirecting
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 05:38:23 am »

I have read all that and searched site, and other sites for a while.

I have experienced it working correctly on smf 1.1 and older.  After smf came out with 2.0 the redirect back to the gallery does not work.  Has anyone found simple solution for this? Thank you in advance.
ct1

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 07:07:37 am »

from the link
    * When requesting bridge support, please post a link to your site, a test user account, and what you have set in the bridge manager.
      Make sure that the test user account doesn't have admin privileges. When posting parts of your bridge file, make sure to replace passwords with asterisks.

This is how your posting should look like (with actual URLs instead of the dummy URLs given here as an example):

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and XXX:
      [error message here]

Coppermine install: http://mysite.tld/my_coppermine_folder/
      Forum install: http://mysite.tld/my_forum_folder/
      Coppermine version: cpg1.4.25
      Forum version: SuperDuper BBS app v0.8.15
      Test user account: some_testuser_name / the_password_for_the_test_user_account

BridgeManager settings:
      Forum URL:  http://mysite.tld/test/foo_bar
      Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../bla/
      Use post-based groups?:  0 
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 07:34:33 am »

Redirection after login is a feature of the application you bridge with: if that application has got that feature, then fine. If it doesn't have that feature, then there's nothing we can do about that. The idea of bridging is that the application you bridge with takes over control over then user management, authentification and login process. Coppermine no longer controls that process. That's why we can't find a solution for what you're requesting. Instead, you'd have to ask that at Simple Machines instead. So no, there is no such solution as far as I know. And there will be no solution from our side, because we can't come up with such a solution: we don't have control over the code of the app you bridge with, and we will not advise users to change the code of third party apps.
Marking your thread accordingly.
In the future, please do as supporters suggest instead of arguing about the need to do so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.