Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding alt to the tail end of the image build  (Read 3328 times)

durangod

• Coppermine novice
adding alt to the tail end of the image build
« on: January 07, 2010, 03:11:23 am »

hi i been working several days on this and thru trial and error i finally found this thread
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,186.0.html

but it said it was too old and said i should start a new thread so thats what im doing...

here is my gallery  http://www.durangodaves.com/ddfotoup/index.php

what im trying to do is add alt="" to the tail end of the image build, in both the random image and the last additions on the home page it is not putting the alt="" at the end of the image call. 

i did find in the include/functions.inc.php (my luck i found this before that thread lol) two place that build the image

they look like this;

Code: [Select]
$pic_title =$lang_display_thumbnails['filename'].$row['filename']."\n".
                                $lang_display_thumbnails['filesize'].($row['filesize'] >> 10).$lang_byte_units[1]."\n".
                                $lang_display_thumbnails['dimensions'].$row['pwidth']."x".$row['pheight']."\n".
                               $lang_display_thumbnails['date_added'].localised_date($row['ctime'], $album_date_fmt);

i did add a line to the bottom of the lang call as you can see

$lang_display_thumbnails = array(
  'filename' => 'Filename=', //cpg1.4
  'filesize' => 'Filesize=', //cpg1.4
  'dimensions' => 'Dimensions=', //cpg1.4
  'date_added' => 'Date added=', //cpg1.4
  'alt1' => 'alt="" ', //cpg1.4

i have tried several times to add it to the end of that code and it keeps bombing on me...

here is a sample of what i have (it does not work)

$pic_title =$lang_display_thumbnails['filename'].$row['filename']."\n".
                                $lang_display_thumbnails['filesize'].($row['filesize'] >> 10).$lang_byte_units[1]."\n".
                                $lang_display_thumbnails['dimensions'].$row['pwidth']."x".$row['pheight']."\n".
                                $lang_display_thumbnails['date_added'].localised_date($row['ctime'], $album_date_fmt).
                                $lang_display_thumbnails['alt'];

any suggestions or help would be great thanks..

durangod

• Coppermine novice
Re: adding alt to the tail end of the image build
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 03:13:56 am »

oops sorry it should read alt1 not alt.. my typo in the post but it still dont work.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 09:18:47 am »

I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish nor what
  'alt1' => 'alt="" ', //cpg1.4is meant to do?

durangod

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:50:13 am »

well i am getting 16 no required alt  tag found and it is comming from my random and my last additions display, there are 16 images there and i removed the random from the index and it went down to 8 missing alts so if im correct i would add that to the functions.inc.php in that section so that when the image string is formed it includes the alt="" so that the fault goes away...  is that correct and i hope im alittle clearer this time for ya.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:08:11 am »

The alt tag is themeable as far as I can see, so you should not edit core files but edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php instead and add the alt="" there as you see fit. You have edited your coppermine gallery in a way that makes it hard to support you.

durangod

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 12:47:15 am »

ok so i did read up on some of that today, just so im clear your suggesting that i build a whole new theme.php as it suggests and model it the way i need it and that is the only way to take care of that issue...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 07:36:47 am »

You don't need to build that file from scratch. Just perform your edits there as you see fit. The idea of theme.php is that everything that is not in it will behave the default way. Every function or variable declaration you do put into that file and modify will take precedence over the default behaviour. Details can be found in the docs.

durangod

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 06:17:31 pm »

well thanks for the tidbit ill remember that, but im to the point that im just gonna let it go, im spending alot of time on something so trivial that its senseless, have already spend countless hours on this one little issue on a site that will probably be a flop and amount to nothing anyway and tracking variables and reading my ass off only to find myself in another dead end.  i did edit theme php several ways, i put the code that i needed in there, did not work, i place the entire routine from functions in there and redid it, still nothing...
so honestly the requirement for the alt can just rot in hell for all i care lol -- too funny... can ya tell im alittle burnt lol

enjoy your day, one day when i feel a wild hair ill try again maybe, but for now its cool.. thanks again and enjoy your day bud... peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.