Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gallery not displaying  (Read 5230 times)

Beekeeper

• Coppermine novice
gallery not displaying
« on: December 08, 2009, 02:36:50 pm »

I realise this is not a coppermine problem but I have now had a numbere of emails to tell me that the photo gallery doesnt display at all in IE 8 after the latest update,
So I updated mine to see and sure enough it said IE encountered a problem and is switching to compatability mode  all I get then is a grey screen, it works fine in firefox but it does mean all the people with IE and latest update will not be visiting the gallery
Is there anyway of fixing this within coppermine?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: gallery not displaying
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 03:54:05 pm »

We're out of crytal balls, so it might help to follow board rules and post a link to your gallery for a start... ::)

Beekeeper

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 04:55:46 pm »

Thanks for taking the trouble to answer
Sorry about not posted a link ,I know I should have done

My own PC, runs XP with SP3 with auto updates turned on, the last update was 976749, I have removed it and it  has resolved the problem.
reinstalling it the problem returns
Having looked on Ms site 976749 is a fix for  security fix 974455 ,if  976749  is installed without 97445 being installed first apparently it causes the type of problem I had.
Why 97445 didn't installed at the same time on auto updates??

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 05:43:47 pm »

As you still didn't post a link we cannot really help. The link tells us a number of things such as what version you are running, what theme, certain setup details. Please post a link as Joachim requested if you want further help.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 07:50:03 pm »

Having looked on Ms site 976749 is a fix for  security fix 974455 ,if  976749  is installed without 97445 being installed first apparently it causes the type of problem I had.
Why 97445 didn't installed at the same time on auto updates??

I assume you read that info here?   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976749/

Or here,  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/iewebdevelopment/thread/9cd062a1-34dd-4caa-9a77-f8a1e26031a3

Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Beekeeper

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 12:03:11 am »

I visited the Microsoft site and by uninstalling the update it now appears to work OK if anyone has IE 8 with the update installed and  is willing to look at the site gallery  its at www.mareham-le-fen.co.uk/photo
Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 12:54:17 pm »

We don't care about any issues you might have on your client, so all the Microsoft patches don't mean anything here. Please understand that we can not support you on issues related to your client.

The gallery http://www.mareham-le-fen.co.uk/photo/ is using the classic theme and displays fine for me (tested with Mozilla Firefox 3.5.5, IE8.0.6001.18702, Google Chrome 3.0.195.33 on Windows XP Profession SP3 German with Microsoft Updates enabled), so I don't think that your issue is valid in any way. I can't see how the classic theme should act up, as it doesn't do anything odd as far as browser pecularities is concerned.

seymour59

• Coppermine newbie
Re: gallery not displaying in Firefox
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 01:28:31 am »

I run OS X on my Mac. I just created my website (http://www.seymourkaplan.com) and discovered that it loads just fine with Safari, but does not load with Firefox 3.5.6 on my Mac.  I also believe it is not loading on Windows version of Firefox.  Can someone tell me if there is anything I can set in the configuration to eliminate this problem, as many people use Firefox rather than IE?  Thanks in advance, Sy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: gallery not displaying in Firefox
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 08:08:42 am »

I run OS X on my Mac.
Then your issue is not related at all to the issues discussed in this thread. Don't try to hijack someone else's thread, but start your own thread instead. Locking.

Joachim

P.S. Your gallery works fine for me on Ubuntu Linux 9.10 with Firefox 3.5.6 if that helps you in any way. We can not look into client OS pecularities, sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.