Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no alt or too many titles on full access control plugin  (Read 4219 times)

durangod

• Coppermine novice
no alt or too many titles on full access control plugin
« on: January 03, 2010, 07:17:49 pm »

hi im using this plugin http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,25010.0.html

and i noticed that if you select the mouse over portion of the plugin config then when you validate it tells you that you have too many title attributes stated.  im thinking the solution for that would be to overwrite the image title value in the db rather than use a variable and include another title string...

for now i turned off the mouse rollover and that at least keeps it from occuring, but my main issue now is that it is not placing the alt tag in the image string and honestly i dont have a clue where that is.  i have gone over the codebase and other files one line at a time and i cannot find where to include the alt so that alt="" is included when the photo shows up on the page...

ps if i uninstall this plugin, it validates perfect... so it has to be in the plugin somewhere, but i dont have a clue..

any suggestions, thanks

afterthought i prob should have posted this in the plugin post itself, sorry

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: no alt or too many titles on full access control plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:05:03 pm »

a lot of the modifications, add-ons, hacks and plugins that can be found on coppermine-gallery.net fail to validate in terms of W3C-compliance. There are hardly any non-trivial user contributions that are valid in the first place; they just sort-of work for their contributors, and that's fine as far as we're concerned. If you want them to validate: go ahead and change them accordingly. We'd love to see your contributions, which could for example be a reply to an announcement thread of a plugin where you post attach your copy of the plugin that you changed to make it validate.

durangod

• Coppermine novice
Re: no alt or too many titles on full access control plugin
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:23:44 pm »

ok thats understood, and no problem, im more than glad to help where i can, good at somethings, suck at others lol...

the validation is not so critical as its is helping me to find things that i need to find, without trying to validate i could only go on visual information, and i need more than that, so i will remove the validation icons when im done but in the mean time it helps me to figure things out, thats the whole point of me doing it this way....

now with that said im assuming in a perfect world you want this to be a win win situation, i do what i can to do certain things, i post what i do tomake it better and you win by being able to save alot of work by all of us doing much of your work for you,
so that when you do come out with another version and you do want to include these extras in the version, its easier for you,  win for you and win for us..

again with that being said, im still curious, i ask about the alt situation for leaning as much as for coding properly and i still have no clue as to where the alt issue is comming from, i mean what section of the basecode... 

would it not be easier in these cases simply give us some kind of pointer and let us move on to helping you on the things are good at, rather than debate back and forth about semantics and warranty issues...

i would love do some things for you and for everyone, but how can i move on to that when im chasing down a alt or title routine all day long cause i cant get a straight answer from anyone lol   

and no im not pissed, im just serious sometimes, well passionate about doing it right i guess...

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.