Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install Problem  (Read 6708 times)

casab

• Coppermine newbie
Install Problem
« on: January 03, 2010, 01:29:06 pm »

Hi
Could someone please help a newbie here.
I successfully installed a previous version on a site a year ago with no problems, now having problems on a new site.
I have installed ok and been through the installation process all went well with the install page until the album welcomed me then redirected to the index.php
which was filled with strange characters. I can access the admin page ok but as soon as I change anything it defaults to the index page.
Server Info Apache v2.0, MySQL v5.0, and PHP v5.2. which should meet the required specs.
Gallery can be found here - http://www.wisbech-engineering.co.uk/gallery/index.php
Any help would be appreciated as I do not understand databases etc which was the reason this worked so well for me previously.
Ian

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Install Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 02:24:08 pm »

Make sure that you have transfered the coppermine core file from your client to your webserver using a "real" FTP app (not some pseudo-FTP app like MS frontpage or similar crap). Make sure you have used the proper FTP mode in your FTP app. We (the coppermine dev team) recommend using Filezilla. Post what app you are using. You don't have to perform a fresh install - just do as if you were performing an upgrade: download a vanilla coppermine package. Unzip it on your client. Upload the unzipped package to your webserver without performing any edits of the package.

Only your index page appears to be broken, as http://www.wisbech-engineering.co.uk/gallery/login.php and some other pages work as expected.

casab

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 02:49:20 pm »

Hi Joachim

Many thanks for your prompt reply.
I have tried twice to get this running the first time I uploaded through Dreamweaver this didn't work so I deleted all the files but cant access the database so on the second attempt I used filezilla and because it would not install because the default database was already created I used a slight variation of the default database name. I have had the same result on both attempts.
As Regards a vanilla package where do I find this and to which folder do I need to upload to on the server, are there any instructions for this.
Many thanks for your help.
Ian

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 02:59:01 pm »

I uploaded through Dreamweaver
which falls into the category "not a real FTP app and not suitable to be used with coppermine"

this didn't work so I deleted all the files but cant access the database so on the second attempt I used filezilla and because it would not install because the default database was already created
That's why you're suppossed to perform an update and not a fresh install.

As Regards a vanilla package where do I find this
Well, where did you get your copy from? From the download section (link at the top of this screen).

and to which folder do I need to upload to on the server,
Depends on your webserver structure and what folder you plan to represent your gallery URL. We can't advice.

are there any instructions for this.
Yes, documentation link is at the top of this screen.

casab

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 03:41:06 pm »

Sorry I am not sure here as have uploaded a fresh copy with filezilla but the result was the same.
Ian

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 04:36:16 pm »

Looks to me like you have enabled output compression (content encoding) - you better turn that off, coppermine doesn't support gzip compression.

casab

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 04:48:08 pm »

Not as far as I know, wouldn't even know how or where to do that.
Ian

casab

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 09:01:38 pm »

Hi Joachim

I asked my very helpful hosting company to delete the databases and install coppermine and extract straight on the server, then I went through the install procedure again but the result was the same with a bad index page, any other ideas?
Ian

casab

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 10:55:42 pm »

Looks to me like you have enabled output compression (content encoding) - you better turn that off, coppermine doesn't support gzip compression.

I think you are right here. 

Our Apache server has compression (mod_deflate) setup in the main config area:
  SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
I think this is the culprit.  Our servers tell the browser it is getting a compressed steam and the browser de-compresses it to display the page. This has never been a problem and we run alot of php websites (Wordpress/phpBB/ZenPhoto/OSCommerce/Drupal/Joomla/...).   We have NO problems with any other apps/customers on over a dozen webservers. I cannot turn this off on the whole box just for one customer. 

I have tried to turn it off just for this site through the virtual listing config area, but haven't had much luck.  Funny, Apache and Google searches yield info on turning compression on, turning it on for certain content, but not as we want to be config'd: Compression on as default for most content, turned off on one Virtual host entry. 

As the admin I went into the virtual host conf area for this site and added:
  <Directory /path/to/wisbech-engineering.co.uk/www>
    AllowOverride All
    RemoveOutputFilter DEFLATE
  </Directory>

but it is still showing garbage.  I also looked thru the Admin config page and tried some of the Lang settings in case that was the problem.

Any ideas? I'd like to help here but if it cannot be done in the Virtual config area, then we cannot help this customer.

Posted by: John (a Meccahosting admin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.