Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: vBulletin + photopost = SMF + Coppermine?  (Read 7558 times)

dragondf

• Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: vBulletin + photopost = SMF + Coppermine?
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:27:53 am »

Hello people,

Here is Sergio, from Brazil.

First of all: I used search board, but my EXACTLY doubt I haven't found.
I liked a comparation topic ( http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,6158.0.html ) but it is not what I need.

I read here people who bought Photopost and... do not like it very much and migrate to Coppermine.
So, if this happened and... I believe we can have very good softwares NOT PAID.. maybe I can use Coppermine for what I need to. Maybe someone need to do the kind of integration I need.

Some months ago I posted in SMF forum: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=340369.msg2291299#msg2291299
The doubt was: vBulletin + photopost is the same of SMF + ___ ?

People suggest me to use Coppermine or gallery2.

----

I was taking a look in Bodybuilding.com website.

It makes an integration between STORE, SUPERSITE, FORUM AND 'BODY SPACE'.

Let's forget STORE and SUPERSITE and let's talk about FORUM + BODY SPACE integration, right?

User login in one of the systems will be logged in others "modules" of the website.

"Forum" uses vBulletin and 'Body Space" uses photopost system that has an integration to vBulletin foruns.

You can see the links here:
BodySpace: http //bodyspace bodybuilding com/
Forum: http //forum bodybuilding com/

I use CS-CART (www cs-cart com) like my webstore system.

MY BIG DOUBT IS:

is possible to use  SMF like the forum and Coppermine like gallery to make things work like BODYBUILDING.com website?

For example: I register like a webstore user (cs-cart) and after that I will can use FORUM or BodySpace (gallery) with the same login, without necessity to login in each one module separete?

I THOUGHT IN ONE THING:
1. Register will have the same boards (username, name, last name, email...) to all systems. So, when a costumer register in ONE of them, he will be register in all.

I think the big problem is not the register, but HOW one software will "TALK" to the other.
For example: I have just logged in inside CART (webstore)... how can SMF or COPPERMINE know it? Cookies?

I don't know if I were very clear in my doubt.

When I asked if SMF and Coppermine can be used like vBulletin and photopost I want to know if I can take the same EFFECT that people from Bodybuilding.com has in their website: a costumer can put his own photos and when he is using the FORUM (vBulletin) the link of the user in the forum will redirect for it profile in the photopost. So, there is an integration between them.(see imagem in attachment)

When you are in Bodyspace (http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/) you can see not just Photos from people, but others things like: body stats, goals sets, workouts, supplements people use, videos, comments...

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:49:32 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: vBulletin + photopost = SMF + Coppermine?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 05:49:15 pm »

Try it the other way round: instead of forcing us to look into the page you refered to (bodybuilding.com), why don't you take a look at our documentation first and at our demo that is bridged with this SMF-driven forum. We're ready to support you if you have an issue when using our software, but you can't expect us to figure out if coppermine is the right app for you in the first place. We don't know anything about the paid apps vB and PhotoPost at all, so we can't tell you wether your question applies. Yours is not a valid support request, sorry. Can't help you with that.

Joachim

P.S. Please make sure to get the links right in the future... It's mandatory to post a link to your gallery / site when asking for support. .Looks like bodybuilding.com is not your website but is owned by someone else.

dragondf

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Invalid]: vBulletin + photopost = SMF + Coppermine?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 07:04:31 pm »

Hello Joachim,

In spite of all, tks for your answer.

I have tryed to understood what you ask me.
I respect your opinion, specially like a site admin.

I know I can read a lot of documentation, really.

but I make you a question:

When you go to buy a car or something else you read ALL things in docs from them, before you buy? And... don't you ask the vendor when you have doubt?
Imagine if vendor say something like: "go ahead and study all my car functions and the other company car functions and compare it by yourself".

People here use Coppermine for a LONG TIME. They know what is and what is not possible to make or develop with this software.
Maybe someone could say: "I tryed to use this or that software, but in my case this one was the one that worked".

Sorry for the LINKS. I posted them to make people understand better what I was asking.

Tks anyway! I will not give you MORE WORK.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:54:06 am »

You're not buying anything, as coppermine comes free of charge. I don't get paid a single penny, nor does any of my fellow developers or the supporters get paid. That's why your car salesman analogy simply doesn't work: I don't have to do what you ask me to do. That's what I told you. Behaving like I did anything wrong and it's your time to post snide remarks is childish.

dragondf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 01:43:34 am »

A lot of people, like you, receive neither ONE PENNY to answer doubts in FORUMs.

Childish is your "polite" way to answer people.

If you don't want to answer, this is your right.
If you LOVE TO DEVELOP Coppermine, this is your right, too.

But, I believe you are not the OWNER of this software. Or, are you?
Because it is not paid, nobody can ask anything or compare with anyother software because "we don't like" to speake about anything else... just Coppermine BUGS.

Do you really understand what is a FORUM?

"Childish"... tsc, tsc, tsc.

You usually did anything wrong.. really. Some of your post are like a moderator, really. Not helping people... you are not paid for this.

Happily, in others foruns people TRY to help other people receiving neither a PENNY.

Very usefull your help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 01:49:11 pm »

You're right that I don't own Coppermine. Coppermine is a community effort that I have contributed to, so I own a small part of it. That and the fact that I have been voted to act as project manager is what gives me permission to post what I have said above. You on the other hand haven't contributed anything to this community. As far as I can see, you came here with a request that nobody here is ready to fullfill, which is what I have told you. You reacted like most help vampires react and attack me instead of reviewing your attitude. That's why I'm no longer ready to argue with you: you're not a peer who has earned the right to talk like that. Instead, you're just a little troll imo, and your language skills don't seem to be adequate to lead such a discussion neither. No, it's not your fault that your language skills are not good enough, but I'm not ready to waste my time answering silly little remarks from you. You're simply not in the position to define what a forum is meant for and especially not what this forum is for. You have broken several board rules already and you don't seem to be ready to review your attitude. Go away and do not return. Locking thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.