Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: changing color of specific links in theme(greenweek)?  (Read 3783 times)

webpixie

• Coppermine newbie
changing color of specific links in theme(greenweek)?
« on: December 29, 2009, 01:26:37 am »

i am using the greenweekhttp://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,38195.msg180235.html#msg180235 theme, but im curently altering the images and some colors to fit more of my style. however im a  novice at codeing and having problems finding where/how to only change the color of only the links in the left side menu..

if it helps you can see exactly what im needing to change here http://www.webpixies.com/dd/

i actully am having problems finding the spot in the codeing that lists the color of the copyright footer as well but that isnt as big of an issue.

thanks ahead of time if someone can help me.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: changing color of specific links in theme(greenweek)?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 09:42:41 am »

As suggested in Making a brand new theme, where to start? and Tools recommended by the devs -> Web Developer Extension, you're suggested to install the "Web developer" add-on in your firefox browser, restart your browser, then pick from the web developer toolbar "CSS" - "View Style Information". Hover with your mouse (that has turned into a crosshair) over the area of the screen that you want to figure out. Observe the change in the status bar at the top. Finally click the section in question to see the CSS code that controls that particular area.

It's much more helpfull imo to teach you how to figure such things out on your own instead of just telling you which class control that section. The relevant sections are in this case in style_wp.css:
Code: [Select]
.left ul li a {
color: #57470c;
font-weight: normal;
text-decoration: none;
}
and
Code: [Select]
.left ul li a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}
but if you don't heed my advice and install the web developer toolbar you'll be missing all the fun.

Joachim

P.S.
however im a  novice at codeing
No coding skills required, just plain HTML and CSS skills are all it takes.

webpixie

• Coppermine newbie
Re: changing color of specific links in theme(greenweek)?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 12:44:37 am »

thanks, will deffinatly be installing that, i actully forgot firefox had adons like that, ill take a look and see if i can get it now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.