Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2547 times)

wbear

• Coppermine newbie
« on: December 24, 2009, 10:40:32 pm »

current using Coppermine Photo Gallery v1.4.8: i installed coppermine via my web hosting vendor, and all is setup and working albums and photo all posting wihtin my web pages correctly. i have one concern is that i recieve registations requests (admin must approve first is checked in the config file) from what looks to me as robot webbot or spoofers etc... that trying to gain access into my photo gallery. I am really not sure why anyone would want to login to my photo gallery other than my family/friends all i have is family pictures and events we attended etc... my email box is getting hammered by these registation requests if any one can assist me and advise what if anything i should be doing differently i would apprecate it. thank you.

example of what I get:
A new user with the username "opqr600" has registered in your gallery.

In order to activate the account, you need to click on the link below or copy and paste it in your web browser.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 04:06:36 pm »

They automatically register, hoping to be able to drop spam. Those are bots, they do silly things, so the question "why" doesn't apply. Apply captcha mod or plugin if that bothers you.

current using Coppermine Photo Gallery v1.4.8
Yikes! You're vulnerable. Upgrade as suggested in the docs that come with coppermine.

Quote from: wbear link=topic=62999.msg312836#msg312836 date=1261690832i installed coppermine via my web hosting vendor[/quote
That's a bad idea. Goes unsupported as well. Upgrade as I suggested.

Please read up the board rules - you agreed to respect them when signing up. Do  as suggested there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.