Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: CPG 1.5 release date?  (Read 6933 times)

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
[Invalid]: CPG 1.5 release date?
« on: December 18, 2009, 08:47:26 pm »

Hi all,
   I wanted to ask this in the General Discussions area, but I don't seem to have access to post a new topic there.  
My site demotivationalpics.com is in desperate need of being updated, and I've been trying to tell myself I'll wait until cpg1.5 is available.  (The Beta states it's not for production use yet)

I'm seriously DIEING of anticipation.  (Apart from all the security holes being fixed, there are some kick-*ss features that I can't wait to have - like the SEF Url's, Ajax Voting, and filmstrip modifications.  I'm sure there are many more too)

So here are my questions :

1) When will there be a production use version released ? Are we talking weeks or months ? (I'm not pushing here - it'll take the time it takes.  I'm just trying to decide if I should upgrade my site right away to the most updated production version in order to secure it, or if I wait until 1.5, or if I try the beta 1.5 with no support)

2) Are their actual known issues with the available version (1.5.2 beta I think??) that should stop me from upgrading the site right away ?  I understand there's no support for it yet, but I've gotten pretty good with coppermine over the last couple of years.  If it's basically working and you're just on the lookout for bugs, I might just wanna give it a shot.  (I get about 60,000 hits per day - If there are bugs I'm sure I'd notice quickly :) )

Thank you to everyone who helps keep coppermine going ! I hope one day to be one of them ...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 07:43:01 pm by Joachim Müller »

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: CPG 1.5 release date?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 09:28:40 pm »

There is no release date yet.
<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.16 (stable)-->
you should upgrade to 1.4.25
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:36:04 pm »

Yes, I know the version I am running.  Thank you.    Any reason you know of not too go right to the 1.5.2 beta ? Unless there are known issues that need to be worked out (which I'm assuming is the case), I'd rather go right to that.  I have hacked a lot of the code to get things working a certain way, (which is obviously my own fault), so upgrading is many hours worth of work.  It would really suck to spend all those hours upgrading to 1.4.?, and then a month later finally see the official 1.5.? ...

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 09:42:31 pm »

The "hours" spent upgrading would be less painful then the time spent sanitizing your entire website...if not your server... when you get hacked.

You can use 1.5.2 at your our risk. 1.4.25 is still supported and still recommend.
Known Issues -> http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/known_issues.htm
Docs -> http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/index.htm
Announcement -> http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,62505.0.html

Locking
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 07:42:49 pm »

Moving from the cpg1.4.x support board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.