Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Bug]: Fistfullofcode is down. <- BACK UP  (Read 10969 times)

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
[Bug]: Fistfullofcode is down. <- BACK UP
« on: December 21, 2009, 07:50:14 pm »

I am taking down my Fistfullofcode site (along with the cpmfetch site).  Fistfullofcode will be going away, however the cpmfetch code will be moved to one of my other sites or to LaunchPad for its location.

I will make a decision and have the code up within the next two days.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

UPDATE:  Glad to see my sanity has not gone completely.  I queried my provider about this since I had though I renewed it whilst working toward migration - they erroneously took it down.  It has been restored... I think there are a few bugs in there still, but its all back.   When it does move, and it most likely will, I will post and redirect for awhile.

Thanks and sorry

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 06:25:04 am by vuud »
Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: [Bug]: Fistfullofcode is down. Migrating to LaunchPad (I think)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:53:28 pm »

There is also a newer version, which is built more for a pure object architecture than speed (while in 99% of cases you won't see a difference).  I think php people will love the new way, other people - maybe not so much.

I've still been working 80 hours a week or so, so coding on the side has been tough.
Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:01:49 pm »

Thank you for all your efforts. Cpmfetch is IMHO, the best extension to CPG there is. It would have been a huge loss to the community had it died. Keep up the good work and tell your employer to give you a break. Nobody should have to put in the hours you do.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 09:35:13 pm »

Thank you for all your efforts. Cpmfetch is IMHO, the best extension to CPG there is. It would have been a huge loss to the community had it died. Keep up the good work and tell your employer to give you a break. Nobody should have to put in the hours you do.

Thank you Phil,

I am amazed it is still this active after all this time - that alone makes me want to carve out time and come up with something better.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 01:44:52 pm »

tell your employer to give you a break. Nobody should have to put in the hours you do.
afaik Bill is self-employed ;)

As suggested on the other thread:
Anything we could do to help you? Do you need webspace?

What do you think of a sub-domain cpmfetch.coppermine-gallery.net ;-)

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 12:32:35 am »

afaik Bill is self-employed ;)

As suggested on the other thread:
What do you think of a sub-domain cpmfetch.coppermine-gallery.net ;-)

I was in fact for a long time self employeed.  I did finally snap when I went three months without getting any of my clients to pay up on invoices... As you can imagine the coffers start running low at that point.  The grass, always being greener on the other side of the fence, I took a job running a network services group for a health care company.  Things got better and worse, then worse some more.  Right now I am covering my position running the network group and the help desk group, covering for a missing network engineer (they decided to lay off), and performing full time web application development (some idiot told them I knew how to do that ~ me).  I've done a ton of PHP code over the past year - and looking back at my code, it is okay, but I learned a lot since then.  I can't wait to apply it to cpmfetch.

Anyway, the end of the year marks a major development effort and a change in planning for myself - putting down some limits so to speak. 

As for hosting, you did not mention a sub-domain of coppermine gallery... I'd be interested to hear about that :)   I'll drop you a PM...

Vuud

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.