Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Critical error: "Script called without the required parameter(s)."  (Read 4419 times)

Fidgaf

• Coppermine newbie

Coppermine v 1.4.25 Clean install - no previous version used.

Currently bridged with e107 v 0.7.16

I get the Critical error: "Script called without the required parameter(s)." when clicking on "Upload Approval".

"Upload Approval"[/i is flashing despite that fact that upload approval is not required for my members.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 10:53:07 am by Phill Luckhurst »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Critical error: "Script called without the required parameter(s)."
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 09:39:57 am »

Currently bridged with e107 v 0.7.16
We do not provide such a bridge nor do we support that.

If you want support you better do as suggested per board rules (you agree to respect them when you signed up), particularly http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270616.html#msg270616

Fidgaf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 10:41:21 am »

I'm not prepared to post a private website on a public forum.

If this is not in compliance with your rules that is my tough luck. Sorry to have troubled you.

I'll wade through the 80,000+ hits on Google instead.

Stupid of me to think that the developers of Coppermine might have a vague suggestion for a solution as 80,000 other people seem to have had a similar problem.

Thanks for your "help".

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 10:52:57 am »

How can we support a bridge we did not make nor know?

How can we investigate without seeing the problems for ourself?

Good luck seaching Google for your answer. ::)

Marking as closed.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Fidgaf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 12:14:25 pm »

How can we support a bridge we did not make nor know?

How can we investigate without seeing the problems for ourself?

Good luck seaching Google for your answer. ::)

Marking as closed.

How can you know what conditions generate an error message in your own application?

How can you guess at the specifications of your system for a third party to code a bridge?

How is it possible to speculate that using your specifications the third-party code might be producing error messages similar to ones you do support or provide?

How much easier to say ""rules" baby", than suggest a solution from something you do provide and do support and see what happens?

My guess, to big and "popular" to give a rat's behind.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 01:08:07 pm »

I'm not prepared to post a private website on a public forum.
But you are "prepared" to spend and waste time complaining. You are probably also too busy to read the docs or to set up a test/user account with limited access to your site.

Wrong, support is free and time is freely volunteered - Coppermine is complicated and generally people who don't read the docs make fundamental mistakes - who wants to spend time speculating?

Your demands are about the same as you wandering into your local auto repair and asking why diesel fuel isn't working well in your gasoline car while you won't let them know what the model is......

Locking

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 01:31:59 pm »

How can you know what conditions generate an error message in your own application?
We know what conditions can cause that error message. The answer is: many of them, as it's a generic error message. That's why we'd have to look at it in detail. You're obviously not a coder and therefore have no idea how easy or hard it might be to figure out about a problem if the person looking for support is behaving as silly as you are. Of course you don't have to be a coder, but then do not lecture us on the code of the application we have written and how to troubleshoot it. Go ask Microsoft why a Windows-driven PC is displaying the error message "an unexpected error has happened" without providing any further details - I'm looking forward to see Microsoft's reply.

How can you guess at the specifications of your system for a third party to code a bridge?

How is it possible to speculate that using your specifications the third-party code might be producing error messages similar to ones you do support or provide?

How much easier to say ""rules" baby", than suggest a solution from something you do provide and do support and see what happens?

My guess is that this is one of the most silly postings I have ever heard in my entire life. Go outside with all the other kids and play there hide-and-seek or whatever your favorite pass-time is, but please leave us alone with your childish postings. Return once you have grown up and when you are ready to use some common sense. You fall into the category "help vamipre"; I really suggest you review your attitude.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.