Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading gallery page with the gallery at the top of the page  (Read 14662 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Loading gallery page with the gallery at the top of the page
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 09:26:07 am »

@Jeff: you might want to create a separate thread of it's own that announces your plugin without the clutter in this thread (you might post a link to this thread for reference purposes), as others might find your plugin usefull as well. I (or a fellow dev team member) will gladly move your plugin announcement thread accordingly and we'll add it to the plugin list etc.).
I have uploaded your plugin to the download repository at sourceforge.net: https://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/files/Plugins/1.4.x/cpg1.4.x_plugin_link-append_v1.0.zip/download

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Loading gallery page with the gallery at the top of the page
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 08:18:22 am »

Good work - thank you. I have moved the thread to the plugin contributions board.

I'm aware that so far there has been little information for plugin authors how to design plugins, so you might want to take a look at the preliminary documentation for cpg1.5.x, sections "Developer documentation" -> "Plugin writing": I have summarized some suggestion there. The dev team has attempted to give plugin authors something to work with - most of the suggestions apply for cpg1.4.x as well. Your plugin is doing very well in this aspect, my only concern is the needless creation of a separate database table just to store one single record. You don't have to clutter the database with an additional table - instead, just create a new record in coppermine's "regular" config table and name that record "plugin_link_append_wrapper_id" or similar (see http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/dev_plugins.htm#plugin_writing_database_config).

Do you agree to see your plugin listed in the subversion repository as well?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.