Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upload/view permissions  (Read 4486 times)

phorce1

• Coppermine newbie
upload/view permissions
« on: December 16, 2009, 07:55:27 am »

I've searched but haven't found a question that quite matches mine. I also read through the 1.5.x feature list to see if maybe installing that would solve my problem but it was unclear.

Test install of 1.4.25 (the default download button on the downloads page) is at http://tcb-web.org/photoalbum (or a couple of other domains that hit the same page).

I can set up a test login if needed but I think not.

I would like to use a single install of CopperMine to support a couple of Volkswagen email lists with a place to post pictures (which aren't allowed on the list through email).

I have set up Categories for each group and an album in each category.

Category -- Buskatiers with album Buskatiers inside
Category  -- TCB with album TCB inside

I have created two additional groups -- TCB and BSKA

I would like both categories and all albums to be *viewable* by *EVERYONE* (including unlogged users).

I would like to restrict UPLOADING by group. Those who are members of the BSKA group should only be able to upload to albums in the Buskatiers category. hose who are members of the TCB group should only be able to upload to albums in the TCB category. Those who are members of both groups (using the checkboxes) should be able to upload anywhere.

They should all be able to VIEW everything though.

If I make an album viewable by anybody then it appears that any group with upload permissions set to "YES" can upload to any of those albums.

Ideas on a way to restrict uploads by album?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: upload/view permissions
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:50:34 am »

Coppermine's upload permission system doesn't work on a level that is granular enough for you; neither in cpg1.4.x nor cpg1.5.x (which goes unsupported anyway as of now), so basically Coppermine is not the right application for you unless you're willing to hack the core code and add the needed checks there by yourself (or hire someone to code that for you).

phorce1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:00:22 am »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll grab 1.5.x and have a look inside.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:09:38 am »

What's the point of that? That version is not stable yet and doesn't feature more granular permissions...

phorce1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 10:46:37 am »

What's the point of that? That version is not stable yet and doesn't feature more granular permissions...

Why hack on the code of a version that will soon be superceded? If I keep track of what I'm doing then any changes I make  should pass into 1.5.x as it stabilizes. If I make all my changes in 1.4.x then I discover I like some other feature of 1.5.x I'd have to re-make the changes in a new tree.

This is a "toy" for a couple of very informal groups that I am a member of. We haven't had photo album pages for years now, relying on email links to scattered photobucket/fotki/whatever images. Running a beta is OK.

phorce1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 01:40:33 am »

I hadn't dug far enough into the other areas of the forum.

This: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,35990.0.html

does EXACTLY what I need.

Excellent and not a huge mod either, only a few lines in a few files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.