Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No full size image after upload!  (Read 6397 times)

DiveDJ

• Coppermine newbie
No full size image after upload!
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:21:11 pm »

Hi,

... one day, without having anything changed, the batch upload was working fine ase usual but going back to the gallery only the thumbnails where visible. Clicking on the thumnail provided just a white box saying Klick for --size view. Checking the file folders on the server, thumbnail pics, intermideate pics and the full size images where there and viewable.
The same problem occured with the normal upload (max 3 files).
Now trying to log in as user using the uri upload failed since i put the gallery on mainenance. A resulting problem occured. The gallery is stuck in maintenance mode in a user account. It doesn't let me log out as user.

It would be very nice if some one could give me a little advise again since I couldn't find any solutions on the board for this problem.

http://www.djsphotoart.com/gallery2/index.php

TestUser

test

Thank you very much

Dieter

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: No full size image after upload!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 08:41:14 pm »

Clear your cookies then logon as an admin.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

DiveDJ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:12:43 pm »

Thank you Phil,

could log in again after deleting the cookies to do a vew more tests. The above upload problem still remains and trying the uri upload ends up with the following message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 50331648 bytes) in /home/www/djsphotoart.com/gallery2/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 465.

Here are some additional php settings:

PHP 5.2.1
memory_limit 128M
post_max_size 50M
upload_max-file_size 16M

site url: http://www.djsphotoart.com/gallery2/index.php

Test account:

TestUser
test

Thanks for having another look at the upload problem.

Dieter

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 11:15:39 pm »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 08:57:18 am »

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 50331648 bytes) in /home/www/djsphotoart.com/gallery2/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 465.
Read http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#ErrorAllowedMemorySize

DiveDJ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 04:12:19 pm »

Thank you guys for your quick response,

First to Phill,
everything set as you suggested and it seems to work with trying  batch uploads from a file folder with only few images, 2 images max and a max size of 1200 x 1600 px.

Going back and trying a upload with the same file as uri or file upload, results again in an fatal error as describet before....

Now to Joachim,
I have been reading about resizing the images but it did work already with the same size images and unfortunatly I would need to deal with large high resolution images.

I found a few topics about that on the board bat no solution for it.

If there is a work around I would be very happy to know.

The test account is still active for checking.

Thank you again

Dieter

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 04:48:02 pm »

You have not followed the steps that Phil kindly directed you towards.

4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting
 4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues

# Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only"

1. set File upload boxes to "1" (1)
   2. set URI upload boxes to "0" (2)
   3. set No. of boxes to "fixed" (3)

To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

DiveDJ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 07:01:33 pm »

Hi Joe,

sorry but after reading over a 100 articles and about double the amount of pages on documentation I was missreading the point with the uri boxes.

It's done now and after checking the batch and the file uplöad, it's still doing the same, Only thumbnail images after batch upload and fatal error on file upload.

Thanks for having another look.

Dieter

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 08:08:52 pm »

You still have not set single file uploads as requested twice above nor enabled debug. Not doing as requested really winds us up and wastes our time. I am sure you can appreciate this.

Applying those settings enables a more detailed error message for us to see. In you case it does look like you are running into server limitations.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 07:49:18 am »

The error message
is being covered in
Read http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#ErrorAllowedMemorySize
in full detail. There is nothing else that we can do for you if you get that error. You need for one of the three possible options there. None of them are related to coppermine, but to your webserver's setup and your personal preferences.

sorry but after reading over a 100 articles and about double the amount of pages on documentation I was missreading the point with the uri boxes.
That must have been really hard. The documentation is not split into several pages (unless you're someone who prints the internet ::)), so saying that you have read several pages there is a lie. The section you needed to read there is very short, so let me quote it to you:
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages. This applies to all upload methods, not only HTTP uploads.

Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
      (set Enable debug mode to "Yes: Everyone")
    * Leave display of notices switched off
      (notices are only meant for developers. If you have idea what they mean, leave them off.)
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only"
         1. set File upload boxes to "1" (1)
         2. set URI upload boxes to "0" (2)
         3. set No. of boxes to "fixed" (3)

# Save your new settings
(click on "Apply Modifications")

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Yours are just lame excuses. Stop it, we're sick to hear excuses from people who are too lazy to read. If you think it's hard to read a little, then imagine how hard it is to actually write all that stuff down and to support people for free who just waste our time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.