Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Fatol Error on Gallery  (Read 4192 times)

KirstyChim

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Fatol Error on Gallery
« on: December 14, 2009, 11:21:05 pm »

Hi again guys.

I mentioned this a few weeks back here, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,62630.0.html and it seemed the problem had been solved. However, the max questions has been increaded 3 times, so its now 130000 and im still getting the same problem. Error below

'User 'U1879492' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 130000)'

I've spoken to my host and they insist it shouldnt be going over the limit, the message below

'Check how and why your script makes so many queries to the database. Your hit count per day to chimology.org is around 50,000. Even if all the hits means 2 queries to a database it around 100,000 queries in a day.

So it is evident that your script is malfunctioning.'

They have said that it isn't them so i thought i'd come to you guys again. Taking in mind im pretty new to all this, it could just be something really simple im not sure about. I've again added a screen capture of what the main website is saying under 'latest images'

All help is much appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:44:58 am by Joachim Müller »

KirstyChim

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Fatol Error on Gallery
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 11:26:23 pm »

I forgot the gallery link, sorry guys. www.chimology.org/gallery

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 01:31:06 am »

Everything you need is right in front of you.

1) Enable Debug in Admin -> Config - Maintenance Settings
    - the query count will be shown in the debug output (page bottom)
    - the counts will change depending on what you have for main/album list page settings, plugins, etc.
    - many of the counts are essential to Coppermine and will not change

2) You should be able to see your visitor's traffic/page selections through your host's logs and/or statistics

3) Do the math - get another host!  It isn't the fault of Coppermine.

Even if all the hits means 2 queries to a database it around 100,000 queries in a day.
I my opinion that is a ridiculously low number for them to assume. (2)

[edit] For a laugh I looked at your host's home page - there is nothing in the TOS that mentions max. db queries.....I got the laugh when I saw this though.....
1000 MySQL Databases
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 03:21:50 am by Joe Carver »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 08:02:38 am »

Turn "Keep detailed vote statistics" and especially "Keep detailed hit statistics" off in coppermine's config, as those settings are resource hogs as far as database queries are concerned. Apart from that: get better webhosting. This is in no way related to coppermine, as thousands and thousands of users are using coppermine just fine even on budget webhosting. If your webhost is restricting your database usage too much you simply can't run a database driven application properly.

Joachim

P.S. It's max_queries and not max_questions - maybe they have made a mistake by changing a setting that doesn't exist?

KirstyChim

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:17:39 pm »

Thanks to the help guys. I've been wanted to moved servers anyways and this has just pushed me to. Is there any server that you could recommend yourselves?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 11:27:59 pm »

We ourselves use Bytemark but they are only good if you know how to maintain your own machine. You'll need to know your way around Linux but you will have full control of your resources.

Other than that we cannot recommend anyone. Everyone has different needs and what may be good for one might not be for another. Here in the UK many hosts have some very tight restrictions. Look for a host you can try before you buy if possible. Do your research and don't just plump for the cheapest. Find one with good support, good speeds and generous PHP limits. Try not to use one that ties you into them for a long time. The really good ones here are happy to have a 1 month minimum contract. It is ususally the really poor ones that tie you in long term. Oh, and did I mention, on that gives good support.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 08:44:42 am »

There is a sticky thread on the general discussion board that discusses webhosting recommendations. Marking this thread as "closed"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.