Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you upload every users file to album/username/useralbum/?  (Read 6398 times)

ithron

• Coppermine newbie
Can you upload every users file to album/username/useralbum/?
« on: December 14, 2009, 01:25:05 am »

is it possible to upload or set the permissions so that every registrered user gets his own album folder? Thinking about using some user variable to control where files go. And can you set the registering process on automatically creating a folder somehow? i use the coppermine photo gallery 1.4, latest version, and the jupload found in plugins page, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,58549.html, thanks for answers.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can you upload every users file to album/username/useralbum/?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:48:44 am »

i use the coppermine photo gallery 1.4, latest version
That's invalid. Read board rules and do as suggested there. Your predecessor has been told so as well.

ithron

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 09:36:49 pm »

I am sorry, I use the 1.4.25 version of coppermine photo gallery. I have no link to post since I work on localhost most of the time.
I have read the faq and seen no question related to this, and altough the documentation is really good I can not in my head connect the
papers in this to use for this funtion . . . I am not that strong in php, altough I know some and how to modify some code, what am i missing?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:28:05 pm »

You can use the groups control panel so the registered users can only upload to their own folder. Set users can upload and allowerd perconal gallery to yes. Users will still need to create their own folders but those will be the only folders the users are allowed to upload to and the only ones jupload will show (unless you create other albums and open them up in the albums properties).
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 08:26:37 am »

You need to see the difference between folders and albums. Folders are on file system level and an actual physical resource. Albums are on logical level and only a construct on logical level that resides on database level. This being said: all http uploads from a particular user go into one particular physical folder of that user. I have no idea if this is the case for JUpload as well: JUpload is not part of coppermine's core, but a user-contributed add-on that doesn't get supported by the dev team, but only by the contributor of that add-on. So what actually is left is the creation of an album where a user can upload to: in the upcoming cpg1.5.x there is an option in coppermine's config where you can specify to have an album created for each user on registration. You can easily backport that feature, as the feature is based on a hack that has been discussed on the board since cpg1.3.x - just perform a search and apply that hack. You need to understand about the impact that this hack will have: for each and every user, an album will be created. If you expect a large number of user registrations, this will mean overkill for the structure within the personal gallery structure: your visitors will be "lost in hyperspace" with so many albums.

Therefore (instead of playing hide and seek) I suggest to actually post the URL of your gallery once it's available publicly and then discuss what you're really up to: tell us what number of users you expect, how fast you expect your user base to increase and what form of uploads you expect. Your question is theoratical, so is my reply. In one posting you claimed to be a staff member of a team being in charge of the site http://www.johanschultzen.se/bildbank/, on the other you claim to be working on localhost. My Swedish is not that good, but judging from the information available on http://www.johanschultzen.se/ it seems to me that there is not a large team behind that site, but just one individual: Mr. Johan Schultzen. That has been the case for the banned user moonwiz as well as you. It's amazing that both you as well as moonwiz share the same IP address in Sweden although you claim to be a different person, so the entire story seems very unlikely to me. Instead, it seems to me that you have been banned and that you re-registered using another nick, trying to remove the reference to your site to make sure your reputation doesn't get damaged, as you offer your services as a photographer, web designer and IT consultant. In my opinion that is just a lame effort to cheat, Johan.

ithron

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 10:56:09 am »

You can use the groups control panel so the registered users can only upload to their own folder. Set users can upload and allowerd perconal gallery to yes. Users will still need to create their own folders but those will be the only folders the users are allowed to upload to and the only ones jupload will show (unless you create other albums and open them up in the albums properties).

Thanks, this was what we needed!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 11:46:39 am »

Care to comment on
In one posting you claimed to be a staff member of a team being in charge of the site http://www.johanschultzen.se/bildbank/, on the other you claim to be working on localhost. My Swedish is not that good, but judging from the information available on http://www.johanschultzen.se/ it seems to me that there is not a large team behind that site, but just one individual: Mr. Johan Schultzen. That has been the case for the banned user moonwiz as well as you. It's amazing that both you as well as moonwiz share the same IP address in Sweden although you claim to be a different person, so the entire story seems very unlikely to me. Instead, it seems to me that you have been banned and that you re-registered using another nick, trying to remove the reference to your site to make sure your reputation doesn't get damaged, as you offer your services as a photographer, web designer and IT consultant. In my opinion that is just a lame effort to cheat, Johan.

If you don't respond I take it that I'm right and that both ithron as well as moonwiz are nicknames for Mr. Johan Schultzen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.