Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg1.4.x-plugin "Cities where i've been"  (Read 8871 times)

mruiz

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
cpg1.4.x-plugin "Cities where i've been"
« on: December 10, 2009, 12:15:06 am »

Hi,

I would like to release the v0.1 of my first Coppermine 1.4 plugin: Cities where I've been ("cities" in shorter form).

What does this plugin do?
It shows, in the main page, a map from the Google Maps app, with a marker in the locations where you've been.

All the locations are stored in the database, but there is still no interface to manage them, so you will have to deal directly with your database till a next release ;)

I think the installation process is pretty clear in the readme file. If it isn't, don't hesitate to ask for further information.

I hope you will enjoy with it. I'll wait for your feedback, critics and bugs!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 08:38:09 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [PLUGIN] Cities where i've been
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:36:51 am »

Miguel,

thanks for your contribution; I have performed some minor edits (adding the URL of the announcement thread to the readme etc.) to your plugin, have counted the version count up and uploaded your plugin to our download repository at sourceforge.net: https://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/files/Plugins/1.4.x/cpg1.4.x_plugin_cities_v0.2.zip/download, renaming your package as suggested by our naming conventions.

Here are some suggestions for possible future improvements:
  • i18n
  • use a token of your own instead of abusing the anycontent token in "the content of your mainpage". Take a look at the "who is online plugin" that does this pretty well
  • You might want to rename your plugin, as I can imagine it not only being used for cities but for other purposes (like diving spots, hiking trip locations, geo caching etc.), so I suggest rusing the short name "google_maps_places" as a folder name and short name for the plugin.
  • If you accomplish the config screen for the plugin, make sure to allow the user to specify the starting coordinates and zoom level

Please don't get me wrong; we appreciate your contribution. Those points in the list are meant as an encouragement and not to bring you down.

Moving to contributions.

Joachim

mruiz

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Re: cpg1.4.x-plugin "Cities where i've been"
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 09:08:42 am »

Thank you very much.

I'll keep that in mind for a next release.

Regards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.