Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upload.php = buggered up  (Read 3745 times)

whyme26

• Coppermine newbie
upload.php = buggered up
« on: December 09, 2009, 04:09:23 pm »

Hello,
I'm hoping I've put this in the correct section..  If I did not, I appologizequestion.  Somehow my upload.php is messed up.  I'm not sure what happened.  It was working fine for a while, but now when I hit the upload button I get a mostly blank page with this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_SL in /home2/ebronc/public_html/upload.php on line 49

I'm certainly not a PHP guru by any means, but am comfortable digging around to find what I need.  I guess I'm curious if there is a  way to "repair" an install of Coppermine? 
Or if I could create a dummy install and just copy the upload.php from the dummy install over to the existing gallery?  Is there anything I would need to alter in this dummy version to have it work in the actual install?

I don't want anything to get more messed up by doing something I shouldn't.  So I thought I would ask before doing something stupid..  I did read the documentation, searched these forums, checked the faq's and didn't see anything relating to this... or perhaps I'm blind, but I didn't see anything.

Thank you all for any suggestions, advice, and for your hard work on the coppermine gallery and supporting it.  It's great. 

Nibbler

Re: upload.php = buggered up
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 04:23:19 pm »

Just upload a clean copy of upload.php from the Coppermine package.

whyme26

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 04:29:24 pm »

Thanks for the fast reply!  you guys are good :)
That's sort of what I thought I'd try, but I wanted to ask before I screwed it up even more.
Now that I have the word from a Coppermine ninja, that's exactly what I'll do.

Thanks again for the direction.

whyme26

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 04:43:01 pm »

worked like a charm, thanks again.
This thread can be marked as SOLVED.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 05:45:18 pm »

This thread can be marked as SOLVED.
Gpo ahead and help yourself: read Board rules: Resolve your threads

whyme26

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 06:01:42 pm »

I did see that in the board rules Joachim... Unlike many, I do in fact read the rules and docs (I moderate a forum too, I know how annoying it is when people ask the same questions over and over).  The issue I had with that is your little attached gif  didn't show.. it just says "accept.gif"  I had no idea how to close the thread because I didn't know what button to push.  I just went ahead and pushed some buttons.. lucky guess that I got it on the first try.

As opposed to the little attached gif in your board rules, maybe you should have just said "click on the check mark in the corner to resolve your thread"?
Either way it's your forum, your rules so whatever... just a suggestion, take it for what it's worth. 
thread now closed.

Thanks again for the support and for Coppermine..
Have a wonderful evening. 

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 06:25:28 pm »

Thanks for your feedback. I've added a baby wipe edition of the tick image in Joachim's rules thread to hopefully avoid any confusion.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.