Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Need Custom Theme - Looking for quotes  (Read 6955 times)

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
[Closed]: Need Custom Theme - Looking for quotes
« on: November 30, 2009, 07:14:17 pm »

Hi Gang,
  I am the administrator of DemotivationalPics.com .. Coppermine has been good to me. :)  Despite getting over a million hits per month I'm still using the basic Rainy Day theme.  (With lots of plugins and a few home-made hacks)

It's getting to that time where I need a new theme to make things simpler for the users.  I've removed things we don't use like Private Albums and even Categories ! (I just don't use them ... except for this one time for a contest)

I've made mock ups of the layout I would like, (attached to this message).  Please keep in mind I'm no artist, the colors and the look need to be improved on. This is mostly to demonstrate the layout I want.  I want the site to almost always fit in a single page with the slightest amount of scrolling up and down necessary.  In a way I'm replacing the main page with the displayimage page now.  (You'll probably understand when you see the images I've attached)

Things I think might be complicated :
- I want the albums list to be text links on the right side-bar.  (If we need to manually put in the links to the albums, I can live with that)
- Above every picture you're viewing, I'd like a button to view another RANDOM image from that album
- when first going to demotivationalpics, on the main page I'd like the main image to be a random image from an album I will select.

I'm sure there's more.  I have given this a lot of thought, please don't be shy to ask how I plan on having certain things work. For the most part everything I added on the mock-up is already existing and working on demotivationalpics.  I'm just moving things around.  
I also understand that this is partly a job for a theme, and partly a job for misc. coppermine programming. (I'm ok having one person do the theme, and I'll have Foulu do the programming - he rocks)

Final Details :
My Budget : As cheap as possible, I'm not a rich man. :)  however this needs to get done and will get done.  If people are quoting high prices I might need to wait a month or so before starting.  If it's very affordable I might give the go-ahead right away.  I have no problems paying in advance as long as it's someone who has gotten work from here before. (I won't leave you hanging Andre, I promise! ;) )

Time Frame :
  Whatever the person I hire says it will take is when I'd like to have it delivered.  

Please visit www.demotivationalpics.com to see how everything is currently setup and working.  

Send pricing my way,
Thanks !
Jason
DemotivationalPics.com
Ps : second image will be in seperate post.  (Can't get them both on the same one post even though they're both under 800kb)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:21:36 pm by Joachim Müller »

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
Re: Need Custom Theme - Looking for quotes
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 07:15:11 pm »

Here's the second image : This will be the main page AND the equivalent of displayimage ..

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
Take my money dammit ! I've made it simpler now :
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 06:59:55 pm »

Wow, I'm kind of surprised no one wants to take my money ! :) (I want it as cheap as I can, but damn, I'm still willing to pay what I gotta pay!)  :P

It's all good though, I spent the last 24 hours figuring out how to "make a theme".  I used the CSS from the Rainy Day theme which is what I was using in the first place, and I've pretty much got everything where I want it ! (I'm a little surprised actually, I thought it would have taken me a week).

I'm online now at demotivationalpics.com.  There are still things to change / add in the layout, but I think I'll be able to do them myself. 

SO, maybe this will be more straight forward and someone can do this for me :

Can someone simply take the theme I modified (once all done), and simply make it look better ? As in change the colors, re-do the buttons, whatever you coppermine graphic artists think is good. I LOVE the Rainy_day theme, it's well done, but I'd like my site to have it's own color scheme and look original (I'm REALLY bad at the artistic side of things, I've pretty much given up trying after all these years)

Tell me how much you want for what, I will gladly pay to have the new theme "prettied up" ..

Thanks,
Jason

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 07:52:19 pm »

You are not the only one who is quite bad on the artistic side :-[ . The problem is that many of the people on here are the same. People are often good at one or the other but it is rarer to find someone who is good at both.

Hopefully someone will take on this task.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 08:55:00 pm »

Thanks Phil.  I totally understand.  At this point, I feel confident that I can do all the programming changes myself, and simply need someone to make the theme I put up look nicer. 

NO CODE CHANGES at all, I think basically all I need is someone to change the CSS to some different colors, and modify (or re-make) the existing buttons that use the current colors.   

... Any takers ?

DigitalMind

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 07:04:07 pm »

Ok, well never mind.  I've pretty much got the layout the way I want it, and have most of the features working.  I just need a new color scheme now and will get one of my artist friends to come up with it, then I'll fiddle with the CSS files to make it match what my friend gives me.

While I'm at it, I'd like to thank everyone that contributes to coppermine.  It's a great photo album with lots of support via the forums and can do just about anything.  There's nothing really I haven't been able to do.  (Although I'm not so fond of the "temporary" urls the site always uses - Other than that, everything's perfect) :)

Take care and keep up the good work !

Jason
DemotivationalPics.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 11:18:27 pm »

Although I'm not so fond of the "temporary" urls the site always uses
will improve in cpg1.5.x  ;)

Marking thread as closed then. Thanks for resolving.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.