Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Done]: Will Pay: need custom theme possibly based on "andreas09"  (Read 6097 times)

ausdlk

• Coppermine novice

Please look at my web site www.david-keenan.com.

My site uses an older version of Coppermine (v1.3.x) and has been extensively (and improperly) modified. It uses (a modified) Project VII theme. But there is no reason to be concerned with these modifications though since the plan is to completely move to the latest version.

The new v1.4.x theme named "andreas09" is closest to what I want my site to look at. I want to modify how these theme looks -- and do it the recommended way.

I have attached two images, one of which I want to use in the banner area at the top of the "andreas09" theme. You will see the differences.

Not sure which one will work better on the site. Resize (keeping porportional) as necessary. I like the longer horizontal one best but I know this might cause resizing problems.

I can create other version(s) if something else will work better.

I want to redefine the center area and lose the "links" column in the right and replace this with a slide show that can be directed to one of the galleries. The specific gallery now will be the PAW 2009 gallery but I'll want this to be configurable.

I want menu navigation to be changed to be the same as what is on my current site. I may want to add to the menu later (i.e., add "News") so this should also be as configurable.

As a second phase, I would like to integrate a shopping cart where selected prints can be purchased.

Hopefully this work can be done only my creating an alternate to the "andreas09" theme with no changes to the internal Coppermine code (unlike my current site where I did make my changes so cleanly).

After many false starts, I want the work to begin immediately if not sooner. I am prepared to pay a fair three figure fee to a qualified developer who can commit and deliver.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:45:24 am by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Will Pay: need custom theme possibly based on "andreas09"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 12:57:37 pm »

What you are asking is indeed quite simple. It does depend however what modifications you require. Many of those may now be available as plugins which would make life even easier.

You are running version 1.4.8, not 1.3.x as you stated earlier. This is still a long way behind and you need to upgrade it asap as you are at risk of being hacked. Make sure that is the first thing you do, today if possible but make sure you note all the mods that may have been applied so you can restore them in future.

Coppermine is also in the beta stage of a new version -1.5.x. The theme engine has a few changes so it may be worth getting the them made to work with both giving you an easy upgrade path for when 1.5.x is finally released.

p.s. Some nice images on your site. Really liked some of them.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Gene-2008

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 03:00:48 pm »

I sent you an email...

Gene

ausdlk

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 10:08:16 pm »

Phil --

Thanks for the feedback. And thanks for your kind words about my photography.

I was a programmer in a former life and theoretically I could make these changes myself (and did so four years ago) but I look at the code now and just don't want to go down that road again.

I agree that what I want to do isn't difficult -- or won't be for someone versed in the Coppermine code. So, hopefully someone will appear (maybe Gene) and be my web site angel.

Dave.

ausdlk

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 03:10:33 am »

Closed!

Thanks Gene.

ausdlk

• Coppermine novice
CLOSED
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 03:13:17 am »

CLOSED
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.