Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: How to turn off My Profile and change passwords posobilities just for one user?  (Read 7819 times)

slavko

• Coppermine newbie

Hi

I would like disable the ability to change passwords just for one user.

The reeason is that a lot of people wiil use this account and i dont want anyone to change password of this account.

Is it possoble?

Link to my gallery: www.superdupcie.pl

WARNING: This site contains adult material
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:49:05 am by Joachim Müller »

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.

You should upgrade first <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.3.2-->
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

slavko

• Coppermine newbie

You should upgrade first <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.3.2-->

Yes, I'll do that ASAP, but tell me, is my request possible?

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.

Using one account for several people is just not a bright idea. I strongly suggest reviewing that idea. Apply password protection using .htaccess instead to allow access of a particular group. Anyway, if you must do that, remove the "change my password" button from the menu user profile (or even better: remove the "my profile" link from the user's administration menu) and cripple the corresponding code in profile.php. However, as I suggested: this doesn't make any sense - you just disanled password changes for that particular user then. You haven't accomplished all those other changes that you would need: technically, one user would be accessing the site from multiple PCs, so the hits tracking, the comments system, the rating, the ecards feature etc. etc. would need to be changed as well to work properly. If you're a coder: go ahead. Otherwise: do as I suggested and apply a .htaccess authentification. I can see where you're coming from: you're not the first person to request that feature. Usually, the sharing of one account by several persons is requested if the visitors are deemed not to be particularly computer-savy. People like you who request that feature think that it would be an advantage for the low-skills visitors that they don't have to fiddle with logging in. The opposite is the case in my experience.
But if you think about it, you'll notice that it's a bad idea. You don't have to take my word: just search the board, as this has been discussed many times over.

Alternatively: take a look into the album password feature. If you're the only one who's going to upload, that will be the ideal solution for you: disable registration in config. Apply one album password to all your albums. Then send the password to your firnds. They will be required to log in once, that's it. No separate user accounts. Full support. Happy users. Easy updates.
Don't do anything until you upgrade, you are vulnerable to hackers.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Support for cpg1.3.x has run out looong ago. You're not even allowed to post support requests for that ancient version. There's a reason why the cpg1.3.x support board is locked. Moving your thread to that support board and locking it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.