Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allow rating an image when viewing thumbnails?  (Read 4888 times)

eventide

• Coppermine novice
    • Eventide Web Design
Allow rating an image when viewing thumbnails?
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:51:46 pm »

Please go to this site: http://johannthedog.com/gallery2/main.php and scroll down to the image of the dog with the red stars below it. Mouse over the stars and you'll see you can vote while viewing the thumbnail, rather than having to click on the image, load the image viewer page and then vote. That site uses the "Gallery" photo gallery software (real original name, huh?  ::) )

I'm wondering if it is possible to do something similar in Coppermine. I know that at least the themes that come with the CPG installation the stars are actually six images from 0 to 5 stars filled in, so it seems to me it'd be quite an involved process to accomplish what I'm looking to do, but I'm hoping maybe someone has created some sort of theme or modification that does this.

Thanks for anyone's help!
f u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb n prgrmmng

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Allow rating an image when viewing thumbnails?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 10:19:22 am »

Will be a feature in the upcoming cpg1.5.x. And no, there's no scheduled release date for a release of cpg1.5.x that is supported, but there is an unsupported beta that has been released only recently.
You haven't done as suggested per board rules (once more), that's why you get a harsh answer. For the very last time: you need to post a link to your gallery in each and every thread on this entire forum. This is the last reminder of the rules for you.

eventide

• Coppermine novice
    • Eventide Web Design
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 01:29:33 pm »

Joachim,

I would rather have PM'd you about this, but this BB's interface is less than intuitive, hence I couldn't find any link to do so.

I have no doubt your response will include something of the attitude that "rules are rules", but this forum's admins' strict, draconian adherence to some of your rules is entirely unnecessary, mostly unreasonable, and a real put-off to newcomers.

This particular question and its answer have nothing to do with any one particular site. What if someone were researching CPG, does not have Web site yet, and is asking about particular features. There is no doubt in my mind you or any other admin here would have similarly scolded that person for not posting a site address.

Lighten up. The responses at this forum are quick and the knowledge level of the help is great here, but the attitude of the admins needs a serious overhaul.
f u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb n prgrmmng

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 09:38:16 am »

I would rather have PM'd you about this, but this BB's interface is less than intuitive, hence I couldn't find any link to do so.
That's on purpose: you can't find the PM button because it's not there - that feature has been disabled deliberately, as announced in Private messages disabled. If you find the interface of this forum "less than intuitive", then you're free to complain over at SMF (the creators of the forum software we use here): we use their default interface... ::) You would rather have PMed me, but I would rather not have received a PM from you, thanks.

but this forum's admins' strict, draconian adherence to some of your rules is entirely unnecessary, mostly unreasonable, and a real put-off to newcomers.
It's not your task to decide if the link is needed or not in a particular posting. If you knew the answers already, you would not be posting questions. Therefore, you should leave it to those who have the answers to decide what they need to support you. You're simply not in the position to make up the rules, and no way I'm explaining in each and every thread why and what exactly we need the link for.

But you don't have to worry about my attitude any longer if you don't like it: you're free to leave and never return. However, if you decide to return, stop this discussion and respect board rules. If you don't, you'll be banned; simple as that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.