Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image upload not inheriting permissions on Windows server  (Read 3472 times)

ftaylor

• Coppermine newbie
Image upload not inheriting permissions on Windows server
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:06:44 pm »

All,

Posting this somewhat paranoid that I've missed a FAQ or a board post but I can't find anything about this specially so I'll humbly ask for the forums kind assistance! I haven't used Coppermine until this project came along so my usage of terms may be clumsy.

I moved my cpg1.4 install from a Linux box to a Windows box (don't ask!) and from PHP 4 to 5. Everything works great, but for one thing. When an image is uploaded in any album, three images are generated to the albums folder. The smaller 2 images work just fine but the largest image (the one actually uploaded) has permission issues. When you try and view it from the web, you get a password prompt.

The fix: I login to the windows server and I look at the folder containing the images, it's set to allow objects in it to inherit permissions from it. The working 2 images have correctly inherited the permissions (including the IUSR account that lets user view the image from the web) but the larger original image hasn't. If I check the file, it's set to inherit permissions but simply hasn't got them applied. I can uncheck the inherit box. Chose to copy or remove the existing permissions (makes no difference which) and then recheck the box. The correct permissions get applied and my problem is fixed!

I appreciate your time reading and I hope I haven't blundered into some obvious error here that in in section 1.1.1a of a FAQ =)

Kindly,

- Frank

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Image upload not inheriting permissions on Windows server
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:23:44 pm »

Not related to Coppermine, but to webserver setup, which is something we can't help you with, sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 19 queries.