Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: custom footer with link on home page only  (Read 4155 times)

gchrt

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: custom footer with link on home page only
« on: November 21, 2009, 12:27:39 am »

Hi,

How can I determine I am on the home page of my coppermine site so that I can add a link in my custom footer that will only show on that page?
In my header I am using $userGrp but that won't apply for this need.

http://thedigitalmedium.com/clients/damonBard/admin/index.php
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 11:53:53 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: custom footer with link on home page only
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 12:40:18 am »

You have rendered the "Powered by Coppermine" footer invisible -> no support for you!

gchrt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 11:14:09 pm »

Sweet.
Don't recall seeing that restriction to this open source community assistance.
No need to respond, I pretty much know what will be said.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 11:29:44 pm »

Well I will respond by quoting the docs/licence.

8.4.2.2 Preservation of author attributions
According to GNU GPL v3, section 7 b)

The Coppermine group (aka Coppermine Dev Team) requires the preservation of the "Powered by Coppermine" footer in a legible, unobscured manner in the output of all pages generated by Coppermine-driven galleries.
This policy may be subject of change in future versions. It has originally been made a requirement by the initial author of the first version of Coppermine. We ask you (the end user) to respect this policy and keep the footer intact. Additionally, we have a strict policy on the Coppermine support forum that galleries with the footer tag removed will not receive support. We're convinced that you should give credit where credit is due. We ask you to think twice before removing the tag, as it is meant to spread the word about Coppermine and give others who like your Coppermine-driven gallery to get one of their own.

In previous versions (prior to cpg1.4.13) of Coppermine (which used to be covered by the GNU GPL v2), the additional term that the footer should not be removed existed as well. There have been third parties though who doubted the rightfulness of this additional term and subsequently claimed that it was legal to remove the tag; some of those third-parties even offered instructions how to accomplish this code-wise (although the legal details had been clarified long before with the Free Software Foundation and the Open Source Initiative). The Coppermine Dev Team welcomes that version 3 of the GNU GPL clarifies this legal aspect and demands of any third parties to respect the full license, including the additional terms covered in this section of the documentation.

It is up to the unpaid individuals on this board who we choose to support and we choose not to support those who show no respect for us. Removing the credits against the developers wishes is showing no respect IMHO.

If you want support restore the credit.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:47:38 pm by Phill Luckhurst »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 11:53:39 am »

Mr. Damon Bard of "Bard Sculpture Studio" who is so eagerly displaying his own disclaimer at the bottom of each page where he insists that others should respect his intelectual properties is apparently not willing to restore the credits - he returned to this forum today and apparently has read Phill's reply above. Yet he chose not to restore the Coppermine credits nor to reply in his defense. That's why I'm banning his account - he no longer needs it. Personally, I think that Mr. Bard's attitude sucks.
Here's his disclaimer from the bottom of http://thedigitalmedium.com/clients/damonBard/admin/index.php (that probably soon will be moved to Damon's other page at http://www.damonbard.com/) :
All photos of sculptures in Portfolio copyright 2009, Bard Sculpture Studio.
No content on this site may be used or reproduced without express written permission from B.S.S. and/or the legal owners of the copyrighted materials herein. To contact the studio email: damonbard@gmail.com / damonbard@comcast.net or call: 510-541-8015 / 510-594-0615

Joachim Müller
- Coppermine project manager -

P.S. Sometimes I love email harvesters  ;). Too bad that they can't make prank calls yet ;D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.