Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help finding how to style "Powered by Coppermine" in footer  (Read 4228 times)

eventide

• Coppermine novice
    • Eventide Web Design
Need help finding how to style "Powered by Coppermine" in footer
« on: November 19, 2009, 08:38:52 pm »

I have a CPG embedded in a page that uses styling which is affecting the "Powered by Coppermine" link at the bottom of the gallery. See what I'm talking about here. Mouse over the area and you'll see the link is still there - just white, like the background.

I tried searching through the theme.php file from the sample folder, but the closest I could find that (to me, at least) seemed to have anything to do with that link was the "Function for writing a pagefooter".

Where/how can I set the styling specifically for just that link?

Thanks for anyone's help.
f u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb n prgrmmng

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Need help finding how to style "Powered by Coppermine" in footer
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:49:27 pm »

It is the css you want to look at. We'll not tell you how to remove the link as that would not be playing the game.

Working out what css does what is really simple. If you use Firefox as your browser then there is a fantastic plugin call firebug. It will tell you exactly what line in the css you need to edit and you can even try things live on your site to see how it looks.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

eventide

• Coppermine novice
    • Eventide Web Design
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 09:01:55 pm »

Phil, thank you for your quick reply. No, I'm never asked how to remove it. As I said I'm trying to apply specific styling to just that link due to the styling scheme I'm using on anchor tags on the page the gallery is on.

I should have mentioned that I did find in the style.css file the ".footer", ".footer a", and ".footer a:hover" styling, but adding color styling to those items did not work, as the styling I am using on the page (and site wide) is for anchor tags as well, presumably because the class is overridden by the tag styling I'm using.

My thinking was to find the HTML that builds either that link or the div that it is in (with the footer class), add an id to the div and style that in my style sheet.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:21:36 pm »

All the styling can be done via css. Use the !important; tag. So if you want a bright purple footer use
Code: [Select]
color:#EE00EE !important;
in .footer.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

eventide

• Coppermine novice
    • Eventide Web Design
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 10:40:20 pm »

That did the trick!

Thanks a lot, Phill!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.