Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ban group in bridge configuration  (Read 2505 times)

pat1967

• Coppermine newbie
ban group in bridge configuration
« on: November 19, 2009, 08:02:14 pm »

Hello,

I'm using cpg1.4 and phpbb3.
Both applications are bridged with the coppermine bridge.

On my site the forum must be accessible for everybody who has registered.
But not everyone who has registered for the forum may have access rights for the photogallery.
Therefor i want to use two groups which are bridged:
  • group "members" : access forum + access photogallery
  • group "registered" : access forum ONLY

When somebody registers for the forum, i manually (approval) grant access and put him/her in the corresponding group.

How do i have to proceed for denying all members of the group "registered" ? Do i have to ban all members of the group registrered individually or does there exist an other better solution ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: ban group in bridge configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 09:46:18 am »

Of course you don't ban all members of a particular group. Instead, you set permissions on all albums to allow access only for the group you want. You start with disallowing anonymous access as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#registeredUsersOnly
You haven't respected our board rules, so why should people who have registered at your site respect yours? ::) Read up http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270616.html#msg270616
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.